shape
carat
color
clarity

Is J too low a color for a halo'd center stone?

WindyCityCoco

Rough_Rock
My stone has been graded J-K color and is in Halo here are some shots for comparison- you could always do canary diamonds or a rose/yello gold setting for the halo in the halo if you are worried about the color - Diamond Ring3 003.JPG Diamond Ring3 013.JPG

Last edited:

WindyCityCoco

Rough_Rock
So I am laughing right now because d'oh :doh: I have a GIA J OEC in a halo setting. :lol:

This wasn't my setting choice rather the OEC I fell in love with came with this setting and temporarily while I think about what final setting I want I am keeping her in this setting. It is I think a setting from the 1950s so not true to the age of the OEC at all and not old cut diamonds in the halo. And while I do not know the color of the halo diamonds I do not notice a color disparity (could be because they are entirely different diamonds and also the size is dramatically different as well) and this setting is pleasing to my eye and will do quite well as a temp setting.

The reason I am not keeping her in this forever is because at heart I am a solitaire girl for my engagement ring. Got engaged with a soli and married with a soli and up to 2018 I wore a solitaire ER. Yes I have gone through a number of ER diamonds and settings lol but this diamond is "the one" for me forever. Just haven't gotten around to finding the HG setting for my HG diamond quite yet.

Sorry for the long winded explanation but it struck my funny bone that I have the exact color diamond in a halo that you were asking about and I answered your post and didn't even think about my ring. Of course the main difference is my diamond is an OEC and we are comparing apples and oranges but if it helps you at all here is a photo.

In the foyer of our apartment. No overhead lights on...just natural daylight coming through the windows.

bubbalahfacetsyummy.png

And outside this winter on the beach.

bubbalahthiswinteronbeach.png

beautiful!

Mr_GL

Rough_Rock
@Mr_GL that is an elegant ring! That's exactly what I like about halo! She looks white and blend well with the melees. Now you got me back to think of that J cushion I have been eyeing on... thank you for sharing her!

Thank you , I appreciate the compliment. I have to thank this community for helping to find the ideal rock.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I've haloed L's and K's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results