shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it wrong to bring a beer while your kids trick or treat?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Is it wrong to bring a beer while your kids trick or tre

If it's Dom Pérignon it's okay to drink it anywhere. :lol:

(aka ... This thread gets too serious)

screen_shot_2015-11-02_at_10.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1446490521|3944822 said:
Due to this thread, I was on mental booze patrol while I took my daughter TOT'ing Saturday night! I did not bring a beverage with me, first of all. So many reasons, but nothing really to do with appropriateness. Anyway, the only people I saw drinking were a few adults dressed up and handing out candy. They were all actually people without kids. The weather was nice, the neighborhood atmosphere was very festive, with people having parties in their front yards like Arcadien and passing out grilled hot dogs along with candy (and I'm sure the coolers housed some beer.) It was all very nice, with no incidents of inappropriate behavior as far as I could see!

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on this topic. I don't think it's wrong to bring a beer, but I think it's unnecessary.

Hi Money! :wavey: I'm glad you had a good time trick or treating with your daughter. What was her costume this year?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1446491792|3944831 said:
Due to this thread, I was on mental booze patrol while I took my daughter TOT'ing Saturday night! I did not bring a beverage with me, first of all. So many reasons, but nothing really to do with appropriateness. Anyway, the only people I saw drinking were a few adults dressed up and handing out candy. They were all actually people without kids. The weather was nice, the neighborhood atmosphere was very festive, with people having parties in their front yards like Arcadien and passing out grilled hot dogs along with candy (and I'm sure the coolers housed some beer.) It was all very nice, with no incidents of inappropriate behavior as far as I could see!

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on this topic. I don't think it's wrong to bring a beer, but I think it's unnecessary.

Hi Money! :wavey: I'm glad you had a good time trick or treating with your daughter. What was her costume this year?

I like that nickname, Calliecake! "Money" rather than Monnie! LOL

She went as Minnie Mouse this year. I procrastinated this month and didn't come up with something creative, but we already had all the components of Minnie and she was more than happy to do that. She did add a tutu under the Minnie dress because she thought it needed more "floof." :lol: This is the first year she understood what was going on, and man the look on her face was priceless. She could barely walk forward up to people's houses to get candy because she was trying to stare at every single child's costume walking by! I wouldn't have wanted my senses dulled at all for that; I got the full effect of her excitement and happiness which would've been hard to achieve while drinking!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89|1446481922|3944761 said:
LOL to the 'Halloween is a children's holiday!'

Tell that to all the slutty nurses/pikachus/everything that roam the streets past bed time!

I think you're referring to my post at the top of page 2, where I say "my background though as a child was that Halloween was a holiday for children, not a adult holiday" - but if you want to take it out of context and misquote it to "Halloween is a children's holiday," go for it.

(I did not re-read this entire thread so if you're referring to someone else's post and quoting that poster correctly, please ignore this)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1446490534|3944823 said:

Thats right Kenny, post up a bear ;-) :lol:

But I agree witcha tho.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm|1446501201|3944898 said:
telephone89|1446481922|3944761 said:
LOL to the 'Halloween is a children's holiday!'

Tell that to all the slutty nurses/pikachus/everything that roam the streets past bed time!

I think you're referring to my post at the top of page 2, where I say "my background though as a child was that Halloween was a holiday for children, not a adult holiday" - but if you want to take it out of context and misquote it to "Halloween is a children's holiday," go for it.

(I did not re-read this entire thread so if you're referring to someone else's post and quoting that poster correctly, please ignore this)
Yes, because
"Halloween was a holiday for children"
is such a far cry from
"Halloween is a children's holiday"
That might not have been your intention, but to argue those aren't very close is really silly.

What I was initially responding to was actually partgypsy's response earlier:
"I guess I don't see if as just a holiday "for the children". "

Because I agree, and don't think Halloween is just a holiday for children (or a children's holiday)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1446501317|3944899 said:
kenny|1446490534|3944823 said:

Thats right Kenny, post up a bear ;-) :lol:

But I agree witcha tho.

Moi? :saint:
Shirley you're not suggesting I'd ever post a gratuitously-indulgent beefcake pic objectifying men as decorative sex objects!
Never! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't think I've ever seen parents drinking while trick or treating with their kids, but then again, who knows what was really in their carry out cups from DD or Starbucks. I guess I just don't see the point. If I was a parent and wanted a drink, I'd just wait til I got home.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1446492825|3944836 said:
Calliecake|1446491792|3944831 said:

I like that nickname, Calliecake! "Money" rather than Monnie! LOL

She went as Minnie Mouse this year. I procrastinated this month and didn't come up with something creative, but we already had all the components of Minnie and she was more than happy to do that. She did add a tutu under the Minnie dress because she thought it needed more "floof." :lol: This is the first year she understood what was going on, and man the look on her face was priceless. She could barely walk forward up to people's houses to get candy because she was trying to stare at every single child's costume walking by! I wouldn't have wanted my senses dulled at all for that; I got the full effect of her excitement and happiness which would've been hard to achieve while drinking!

Monnie, I'm so glad you had a great time with your daughter. I'm sure see looked adorable! I remember how cute she looked last year with her Wayne's World outfit.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Holy moly! Ok, so we have been moving into our new house all weekend so totally missed this thread blowing up. We moved in on Halloween so by the time it came to trick or treat, I was exhausted and a glass of wine would've just made me more tired. I opted to bring a can of iced tea. However, I did see several parents carrying around alcohol but they didn't seem out of control. I think it's fine as long as you aren't completely drunk. On our block, it's a dead end and there is extremely low traffic volume. We stayed on the sidewalk the whole time and were only out for about 40 minutes. We had a great time :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results