shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it worth to buy following Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dg_go

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm getting following diamond, and would use it in a 4 prong setting ring. Please suggest.
Cut Princess
Weight 0.47Ct
Color E
Clarity VS1
Measures 4.51 X 4.46 X 2.82MM
Depth 63.2
Table 86.0
Crown 4.9
Pavilion 51.4
Girdle Very Thin to Very Thick Polished
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Thanks

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd avoid this diamond due to depth/table proportions.

dg_go

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!!

JC

Shiny_Rock
dg_go,

I wouldn't recommend the depth and table percentage of that diamond either. I bought a princess cut diamond for my fiancee a few months ago. I went to www.gemappraisers.com and found their information to be very helpful on the princess cut. My personal preference, since I bought one myself, is to consider depth percentages that fall between 68%-75% and table percentages that fall between 68%-72%. However, that's my preference from a buyers standpoint. I wouldn't recommend buying a princess cut diamond that has a depth percentage of over 75%, but as for the other ranges that I mentioned you could technically go over or under those percentages and still get a quality diamond. Sometimes it just depends on the preference of the buyer. Hopefully this helps.

wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks terrible. Crown should be about the double. Stay above 9%. Table... About 12-20% smaller... Depth... +/- 5-10% higher. Girdle should be very even. No extremes.

Also, consider getting a nice G/VS in order to get a much better cut. If you go with H/SI 1, you could arrive to the 1/2ct mark.

I'd suggest asking at least a sarin/ogi and idealscope images and, if possible, brilliance scope reports for each stone you're considering. You'll avoid some serious dogs.
1.gif
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results