shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it weird that I want an M colour diamond, just because my

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only seen one M colour diamond in person, and the warmth didn't bother me. So now I'm kind of looking! Where would you search for such a low colour diamond? DBL? I'm looking for round (OEC or RBC) and as big as can be, for $2000-3000.

Any ideas for where to look?

sugarski

Shiny_Rock
Re: Is it weird that I want an M colour diamond, just becaus

I like lower color diamonds too, but really only in old cuts. Ebay (particularly the seller Diamondzone), Old World Diamonds, Jewels by Grace, Love Affair Diamonds, and the seller Diamond Violet on Ruby Lane are some places to look for old cut stones, as well as your local estate jewelry dealer/store.

There are also some vendors that sell newly-cut stones made to look like (very beautiful and symmetrical) old cuts, such as Good Old Gold's August Vintage Rounds and Victor Canera's European Rounds, and they will be available in the lower colors too.

And High Performance Diamonds, which is a highly esteemed vendor, sells MRB stones down to N color.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also keep an eye on diamondbistro and loupetroop - I've seen "M" and lower diamonds come up there.

You should be aware that some M-ish diamonds are not just warm but have a noticeable tint. My mother's OEC (technically mine now...) was appraised (not certified) as an "M". Although it looks merely warm most of the time, it has a decidedly light brown / bronze tint in some lighting.

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

VRBeauty|1445291396|3939998 said:
Also keep an eye on diamondbistro and loupetroop - I've seen "M" and lower diamonds come up there.

You should be aware that some M-ish diamonds are not just warm but have a noticeable tint. My mother's OEC (technically mine now...) was appraised (not certified) as an "M". Although it looks merely warm most of the time, it has a decidedly light brown / bronze tint in some lighting.

That sounds GORGEOUS, VRBeauty!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sugarski|1445292648|3940002 said:

Thanks! I really like it. I'm thinking I'll try to play up the color/tint if and when I get it re-set. But - it might not be what others, including the OP, want in an M.

sugarski

Shiny_Rock

VRBeauty|1445293128|3940004 said:
sugarski|1445292648|3940002 said:

Thanks! I really like it. I'm thinking I'll try to play up the color/tint if and when I get it re-set. But - it might not be what others, including the OP, want in an M.

Oh sure, no doubt.

Your stone would look fab in rose gold in a peachy or pinky tone, I bet!

EverlyBlue

Rough_Rock

Another recc for Jewels by Grace. She has some amazing warm colored stones.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I completely don't "get" all the negativity on this board toward MODERN RB in lower colors. I own a gorgeous L/M H&A that was recut by Brian Gavin. I am wearing it right now. It's pale yellow, it's a COLOR, not a colorless diamond. But I see absolutely no reason why a modern RB in pale yellow looks worse than pale yellow in OEC or OMC. From the side, I see pale yellow. It's pretty. From the top, I see anything from just slightly ivory to definitely yellow, depending on the lighting. But it's always a pretty stone, and there is absolutely no reason why modern H&A faceting doesn't work for L/M color range. I think once you get to N and P, it's a stronger yellow, but again, I see no reason why that color doesn't work with modern faceting. A H&A in lower colors like yellows may not be everyone's taste, but there is no reason to continuously condemn them every time they are mentioned. If anything, modern H&A RB cut in lower color is RARE, so why condemn what most people on this board have never even seen? I own diamonds from E down to this L/M, and I like them all. The stone in the baguette ring is the BG recut one. I never sent it to a lab for grading, so I don't have an official color grade for it, but it's definitely not a J or K, haha.

Crafted By Infinity is one company that cuts H&A RB in lower colors. Wink at HighPerformanceDiamonds has videos of some gorgeous ones, including a large N. But you are not going to get much stone for $3000 or less. Same for the August Vintage line by Good Old Gold. Anything modern and cut for top light performance is going to be priced accordingly.

_34941.jpg

_34942.jpg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

pearaffair|1445289733|3939990 said:
I've only seen one M colour diamond in person, and the warmth didn't bother me. <Snip>

Like AdaBeta27, I admit to loving the lower colors. The rich buttery warmth with stunning flashes of reds, blues and even bright spectral yellows just light my eyes up! The contrast of the yellow body color with the spectral colors is totally different to me than the contrast seen with the D-E-F colors.

I wont say I like one more than the other, rather that I find both exquisite for different reasons.

When I was a youngster attending GIA in Santa Monica and just getting started in the business, my wife used to "joke" with the other students that any time she could not find me she would just go into our extra bedroom in our apartment and I would be in there looking at my small collection of gems. I had red ones and green ones and yellow ones and purple ones, and at that time only one diamond, as they were just SO expensive...

I loved them all.

Frankly, I still do. Give me white, give me color, but for heavens sake, give me SPARKLE!

Wink

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

I don't think that it's difficult to understand why some like certain colors and others don't - people like what they like. If you like/want an M color, then I wish you luck in finding your perfect stone:)

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Wink|1445360421|3940264 said:
Give me white, give me color, but for heavens sake, give me SPARKLE!

Perhaps a new tag-line for you Wink! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results