shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it weird for a single woman to wear a 5 stone ring on right hand?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am overwhelmed with all the positive responses. Thanks so much for sharing your opinions.

I will let you all know how the shopping and final product goes :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am overwhelmed with all the positive responses. Thanks so much for sharing your opinions.

I will let you all know how the shopping and final product goes :)

I was waiting with bated breath for you to get back to us, asscherisme! You had everyone jumping on the bandwagon with an opinion, but all of us wanted you to make the ring (well, this is Pricescope) and you were silent!

We're excited for you! Or maybe I should say with you!

Deb :wavey:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am happily divorced for many years and in my 50's. I love the look of 5 stone rings. I am thinking of buying a 5 stone ring with round diamonds in platinum, aprox 1ctw to wear on my right hand. Is that odd? Will people think I am married? Will it send a message that I wish I were married and make me look pathetic? The only message I want to send is that I think it is a pretty ring! Nothing more than that.

What do you all think?

edited to add, it would be paid for with money that I inherited from my grandmother. She passed away 5 years ago, and I have been very responsible with that money. I used it as a downpayment for my house and then saved the rest (it was not a huge amount, but enough to give me a safety net, and there will still be safety net worth of money left after purchasing the ring). So, this ring would be special because it would be paid for by money from her. She was a big believer in take care of responsibility first, but then its OK to do fun things if you can afford it. And she enjoyed jewelry too :)

You do you! I don't think there is anything strange about it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@soxfan is selling hers btw if you have like a 4.5 finger IIRC

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
It is a beautiful ring, but I wear a size 7 on my right middle finger (which is where I decided will be the best home for my new ring). So a 4.5 would probably fit my pinky.

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am happily divorced for many years and in my 50's. I love the look of 5 stone rings. I am thinking of buying a 5 stone ring with round diamonds in platinum, aprox 1ctw to wear on my right hand. Is that odd? Will people think I am married? Will it send a message that I wish I were married and make me look pathetic? The only message I want to send is that I think it is a pretty ring! Nothing more than that.

What do you all think?

edited to add, it would be paid for with money that I inherited from my grandmother. She passed away 5 years ago, and I have been very responsible with that money. I used it as a downpayment for my house and then saved the rest (it was not a huge amount, but enough to give me a safety net, and there will still be safety net worth of money left after purchasing the ring). So, this ring would be special because it would be paid for by money from her. She was a big believer in take care of responsibility first, but then its OK to do fun things if you can afford it. And she enjoyed jewelry too :)

NOT AT ALL!! I have a boyfriend, but I just had a 5 stone rhr ring made and I LOVE IT. In fairness, I took the photo with the ring on my left hand because it was easier to take but I wear it on my right. ;)2 It's so pretty.

IMG_9988.JPG

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone asks, tell them it's your divorce ring, which is why you wear it on your middle finger. And tell them you bought it with all the money you saved from not having to buy food for two, or detergent to wash his clothes, and from not needing therapy anymore.

And if they're too too nosey, just think how much classier you will look flipping them off with the finger sporting that blingy five-stone. ;-)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a (beautiful) 3 stone diamond ring I had made and wore on my right hand, and STILL got comments (from women) asking if I was engaged or what the deal was. I made it a 3 ring to symbolize me and my 2 daughters. So, I tried to sell but never worked out.
Not currently wearing. I will either get the b*lls to start wearing it as is. Or at some point make it into a more artsy (organic looking) ring, or 5 stone ring which DOES seem to carry less baggage than either a solitaire or 3 stone ring.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a (beautiful) 3 stone ring I had made and wore on my right hand, and STILL got comments (from women) asking if I was engaged or what the deal was. I tried to sell but deal fell through. I made it a 3 ring to symbolize me and my 3 daughters. I will either start getting the b*lls to start wearing it as is. Or at some point make it into a more artsy (organic looking) ring, or 5 stone ring which DOES seem to carry less baggage than either a solitaire or 3 stone ring does.

some people see a ring and just jump to "did you get engaged!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" or use it as a segue to talk about your relationship status. it's like they can't help it. most people don't notice or care what others are wearing though imho.

i think you should rock your ring and not worry about the comments.=)

i used to occasionally wear my heirloom ring on my right hand and i was the one making myself feel weird about it. it sat in a box for a decade. i wish i'd just gone ahead and worn it and whatever else i wanted instead of worrying about how other people perceive the symbolism.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did it for years, nobody cared aside from complimenting it and making statement like "oof, any boyfriend of yours is gonna have their work cut out for them to beat THAT ring"

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
If anyone asks, tell them it's your divorce ring, which is why you wear it on your middle finger. And tell them you bought it with all the money you saved from not having to buy food for two, or detergent to wash his clothes, and from not needing therapy anymore.

And if they're too too nosey, just think how much classier you will look flipping them off with the finger sporting that blingy five-stone. ;-)

:lol-2: I love your reply :lol::lol::lol:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Update, this is on indefinite hold.

My daughter is graduating college in May (diploma mailed because it was all moved online and ceremony cancelled) and because of the pandemic shutdown, she lost her on campus job which would have extended until late July and is back home living with me. She needed that money because she is starting grad school across the country in August and it was going to help her with the part of tuition that her graduate assistant and scholarship didn't cover.

I decided to give her the money I had set aside for the five stone ring. I told her it was from my grandmother and she is very appreciative. It took a way a huge stress from her losing her job. My grandmother would be SO SO proud of her and so am I.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is an upgrade already.

All the best!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My daughter is graduating college in May (diploma mailed because it was all moved online and ceremony cancelled) and because of the pandemic shutdown, she lost her on campus job which would have extended until late July and is back home living with me. She needed that money because she is starting grad school across the country in August and it was going to help her with the part of tuition that her graduate assistant and scholarship didn't cover.

I decided to give her the money I had set aside for the five stone ring. I told her it was from my grandmother and she is very appreciative. It took a way a huge stress from her losing her job. My grandmother would be SO SO proud of her and so am I.

Its amazing the joy we Moms get from spending on our kids for worthy purposes. It always gives me so much more pleasure than even a piece of bling! Good Momming, @asscherisme !

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Its amazing the joy we Moms get from spending on our kids for worthy purposes. It always gives me so much more pleasure than even a piece of bling! Good Momming, @asscherisme !

Perhaps I am more emotional because I am home all the time with my kids now, but your reply made me smile and cry at the same time. You are so so correct!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
AV, I totally agree!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the most uplifting thread ever. Thank you.
(((asscherisme)))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic decision & grandmother would definitely be proud. Of you both :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a wonderful thing to do and it shows true love. Yes your grandmother would be so proud of all of you. (((Hugs))) and all the best wishes. Happier days will be coming and the love you are showing speaks volumes. And that is priceless.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words. My daughter knew her great grandmother well. She lived until my daughter was a sophomore in high school. I am so grateful for their bond they had.

I love my kids more than anything so I am glad I am in a position to help my daughter.

I am glad that they are home with me during this time. My oldest son lives on his own across the country and I hate that he is separated from us now. He feels isolated (He lives alone in a studio apartment with his cat). He is not doing well in isolation. I am very concerned about him. I contact him daily and do the best I can to stay in touch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results