shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it weird for a single woman to wear a 5 stone ring on right hand?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am happily divorced for many years and in my 50's. I love the look of 5 stone rings. I am thinking of buying a 5 stone ring with round diamonds in platinum, aprox 1ctw to wear on my right hand. Is that odd? Will people think I am married? Will it send a message that I wish I were married and make me look pathetic? The only message I want to send is that I think it is a pretty ring! Nothing more than that.

What do you all think?

edited to add, it would be paid for with money that I inherited from my grandmother. She passed away 5 years ago, and I have been very responsible with that money. I used it as a downpayment for my house and then saved the rest (it was not a huge amount, but enough to give me a safety net, and there will still be safety net worth of money left after purchasing the ring). So, this ring would be special because it would be paid for by money from her. She was a big believer in take care of responsibility first, but then its OK to do fun things if you can afford it. And she enjoyed jewelry too :)

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy yourself the desired 5 stone and enjoy! What anyone else thinks is irrelevant. To answer your question though, no it will not look odd, pathetic or married.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many ladies wear RHRs when they are single/divorce/whatever, myself included.

I wear just one ring on my right hand, either the 1.19ct EC or the 0.47ct depending on occasions.

On my left hand, I wear just one ring either on my ring or middle finger.

I had always worn a ring on my LH since my mum gave me a Sapphire and diamond band to wear when I was in my early teens.

It is not my issue if peeps wrongly assume I wish I were married or stayed married.

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a solitaire, switching between my right and left hand, in my unmarried younger years. I wore it for personal enjoyment and I still wear whatever I want, not caring what others might think.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never associated a five stone ring with marriage. I never associated any right hand ring in the United States with being married. I would actually like to know where you got the idea that some people might associate a five some right hand ring with your being married. I obviously need to learn something about the way modern people think.

It will not affect my opinion, however. I will continue to associate wedding bands with marriage and engagement rings with engagement. Although I am married and wear no rings at al except for the rare time I feel in the mood to put on my solitaire. When I do, I wear it on the ring finger of my left hand, making me look engaged, but not married. ;))

People should do as they please, of course! Wear the ring you like. Please!!! I love it that your grandmother gave you the money for it.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, doesn't look married or pathetic - but I'm no expert, since I'd be going grocery shopping in my tiara if a) I had the funds to buy one and b)I ever felt like doing so

Jokes aside: it seems like you need some bling in your life and you're in the financial position to buy that ring.
So: buy that ring!! And wear the h*CK out of it.:dance:

Just don't forget to post lots of pics in SMTB!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all. Wear it in blingy joy! ♥️

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I do not associate any type of ring worn on the right hand as signifying marriage. I think you should get that gorgeous 5 stone and post about it so we can see it too!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My whole life I just wore rings on whatever fingers I wanted to and didn't care what people thought. I would not assume anything at all about a right hand ring though, no matter what form it was, single stone or multiple stones. I actually have a 5 stone RHR, lol.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy the ring!

I have always worn a diamond ring on my RH, since the age of around 21 or so? Prior to that I wore my grandmothers wedding set on my RH & quite often used to have men ask if I was married or not. In the UK we wear our wedding rings on our LH, so I expect they were just confused as to what hand it was. Single or not, it never bothered me - enjoy & be sure to post pictures!

Q

Queenie60

Go for it!!! Enjoy a wonderful right hand ring in honor of your grandmother.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my 5 stone on my right hand sometimes....I like it there

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won’t look odd or pathetic or like a wedding band. Go for it! I will note that I used to wear my 3-stone on my right hand and a guy one looked at it and asked whether it meant I was married - sheesh!

I should also add that as a longtime single woman who loves jewelry, I’m also starting to rebel against the tyranny not being able to rings that “might be mistaken for” engagement or wedding rings on my left hand, too. Of course I might be a little less rebellious if I were actively looking for a suitor...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was single I wore an old cut diamond ring on my left hand! I didn't care at all if people assumed I was engaged/married whatever. I loved and cherished and adored that ring so much and I wore it every single day.

It never deterred men from asking me out and it never caused people to automatically assume I was married or engaged. If people are interested in getting to know you what ring you wear on which finger has no bearing.

That was even before I heard and took to heart the wise saying "it's none of my business what others think of me". I guess I was born an old (and somewhat wise) soul.

Wear what you love and don't spend energy worrying what others think of your choices.

It will be a very special ring and when you wear it you will always think of your beloved grandmother. I am so sorry for your loss @asscherisme and how lovely you have this gift from her to create the ring of your dreams.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I’m widowed and I wear a 3 stone ring on my right hand ring finger. Sometimes I even wear rings on my left ring finger. I don’t care if people think I’m married or not. I say wear what you like on whatever hand you like!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, in PS, there are many strong women who know what they want and how to get it, regardless of what others may think, as the replies so far will attest.

DK :bigsmile:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
You should definitely get the 5 stone ring! I don't think anyone would have any negative thoughts at all, especially since it will be on your RH! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your fingers and hands are your property to bling up to your heart's desire
im 47 in a long term relationship but never married
i wear my rings how ever i want to on both hands on all my fingers

its a lovelly idea to get a ring with some of grandma's money

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to do what makes me happy, and to hell with what others think.

But then, if what other's think of you is what makes you happy, then do what they want.
But ask everyone you know what you asked us in your OP.
Seriously.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It absolutely will be fine as a right hand ring! I had a ring made in honor of my dear aunt with a little of the money she left me. I think it is great to have an heirloom piece that you can enjoy and later pass down to a daughter!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Wear whatever ring you want on whatever finger pleases you. Lots of us on here do that :lol:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I think we think people notice things they don’t and judge us for things they don’t. It sounds like this ring would make you happy. Get it and enjoy it. I don’t think it’s going to send any message other than “I own this ring and am currently wearing it.”

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Hell to the NO girlfriend! Wear that puppy on your left hand ring finger if you feel like it!

Who gives a darn what others think about your relationship status or lack of one? Yanno?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not weird at all! enjoy :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results