shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it Tiffany & Co.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

desling

Rough_Rock
This is my first time posting, so please forgive me if I do something wrong!

I found this ring (picture hopefully attached) embedded between the slats of the boardwalk while I was doing beach yoga. The inside is stamped 10K and T&C -- but not T&CO which I would expect for Tiffany & Co.

I was originally just going to give it to my daughter as costume jewelry for play ... but then thought I better figure out if it is worth anything before giving it to an 8 year old!

I took it to a jeweler and he said the 13 rubies are authentic and good quality, but he couldn''t determine the origin, age or whatever of the ring. But then he wasn''t real interested in looking either!

Can anybody tell me if T&C would be a Tiffany stamp? Any thoughts on the value or age of the piece?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!
Deb

ruby_ring405.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Personally I''ve never seen Tiffany stamp anything T&C.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 3:15:43 PM
Author:desling
The inside is stamped 10K and T&C -- but not T&CO which I would expect for Tiffany & Co.
I''ve actually only seen "Tiffany & Co.", never "T&C" OR "T&Co" ...

A Tiffany store should be able to tell you.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Very doubtful...I''m also thinking that Tiffany uses 18 kt gold. Granted, that could be an older piece, but I don''t know that they''ve ever used 10k. Certainly not an expert, though.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
They mark T & Co. (with the spaces) where there isn''t enough space for Tiffany & Co. However it''s unlikely that a ring would not be marked with the full mark.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 5:09:08 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
They mark T & Co. (with the spaces) where there isn''t enough space for Tiffany & Co. However it''s unlikely that a ring would not be marked with the full mark.
Yes, I should have clarified that in my post, but didn''t bother since it''s a ring in question
1.gif
Even my eternity ring is marked "Tiffany & Co. PT950", which is a lot of info when you consider the cleaning holes in an eternity ring!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 3:15:43 PM
Author:desling
This is my first time posting, so please forgive me if I do something wrong!

I found this ring (picture hopefully attached) embedded between the slats of the boardwalk while I was doing beach yoga. The inside is stamped 10K and T&C -- but not T&CO which I would expect for Tiffany & Co.

I was originally just going to give it to my daughter as costume jewelry for play ... but then thought I better figure out if it is worth anything before giving it to an 8 year old!

I took it to a jeweler and he said the 13 rubies are authentic and good quality, but he couldn''t determine the origin, age or whatever of the ring. But then he wasn''t real interested in looking either!

Can anybody tell me if T&C would be a Tiffany stamp? Any thoughts on the value or age of the piece?

Thanks for any insights you can provide!
Deb
I doubt this is a Tiffany ring...never heard or seen Tiffany use 10 karat gold....only seen 18 and 14 karat...this style of cluster ring was very popular in the mid-1980s to the mid 1990s.These rings were popular for gift giving during Christmas ,valentines and graduation time because they were affordable and pretty.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 5:14:34 PM
Author: musey

Date: 1/6/2009 5:09:08 PM
Author: oldmancoyote
Yes, I should have clarified that in my post, but didn''t bother since it''s a ring in question
1.gif
Even my eternity ring is marked ''Tiffany & Co. PT950'', which is a lot of info when you consider the cleaning holes in an eternity ring!
And you like thin rails...
1.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
More than likely it''s an engraving of two peoples'' initials. Tiffany and Co. wouldn''t stamp one of their products so simply, I''m guessing.

Still, very fun find :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is not T&Co.

desling

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments and expertise. I hadn''t even thought about the idea that it might be the engraving of two people''s initials. That does seem likely. Maybe my daughter gets the ring after all
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results