shape
carat
color
clarity

is it smaller finger cheaper the ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherry

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have a small finger size 3,5, I wanna know if the platinum setting is cheaper than if somebody who have a bigger finger size, expecially wanna know the differences in Tiffany. Do they cost the same no matter how big the finger is or is it by weigh?

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My understanding is that the sticker price at Tiffany is what you pay, no matter what your finger size.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some shops make a difference, some don't. There are a couple of factors involved: #1 is metal weight: a small ring is lighter and if the jeweler charged per gram (this is quite unusual, to say the least) size would make a difference; #2 is standardization: just like shoes, it is harder to find ready-made settings in such unusually smal sizes (I wear 3.5 or 3, depending on finger... so I might have an idea) so if resizing is needed the small setting will actually cost more. At last, if the ring is custom made and the actual technical difficulty of the model makes the price, size should not count, unless the small size requires modificationd of the model...

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
i have an american size 4.75 finger and was told by at least 1 company that i'll have to pay more for them to make me a ring. just a standard ring and not custom-made.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Most rings are manufactured in a 'stock size' of 6. Any variation from that is usually considered a special order. You have a very tiny finger (I am extremely jealous) and may have a problem if side stones are involved. The ring would then have to be custom made to fit you. I know platinum is pushing $800 US per ounce but the labor involved far out weighs the price of the precious metal. Cindy

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
There's no difference at Tiffany, canadiangrrl's right. The rings come in a few standard sizes and they size them after purchase free of charge whether or not you want a larger or smaller band. Mine was a size 5.5, so I had it sized from there. I originally thought they all came in size 6. I guess they keep a few different sizes. Cartier too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results