shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I''m a new member, I''ve heard great thing about this message board and I hope you ladies and gents can give me some feedbacks on my "potential" ering, thanks in advance.
It is 3 stones emerald cut, centre stone is 0.7ct, SI2, I. Side stones are 0.5ctw and approx. 0.25ctw on the halo (I''m sorry I can''t find picture of it online), set in 18K gold. It costs $3000 US
And my concerns are:
1. Is the quality acceptable? I learned that with emerald cut, flaws/ inclusions are more obvious
2. Is the price reasonable given the quality of the stones?

Thank you so so much for your help :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any more specs on the stones?

It will be difficult for the people here to give you a great opinion without pics or without knowing things like pavilion angles, size of the tables etc

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea, it''s from a catelog, I called the store and all they could find was above info
7.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
We need some extra information. Is the center diamond certified? If so, do you have the certificate information so we could see the different angles of the diamond? It''s impossible to tell if a diamond is "good" just by the color, carat wait, and amount of inclusions. The one thing that worries me first off is that it is an SI2 because sometimes that means the inclusions are able to be seen easily with the naked eye, ESPECIALLY with an emerald cut. Those need to have minimal inclusions to make sure the diamond looks clear, as you stated. But that''s about all I have to give, because I am definitely not an expert. I guess I didn''t help much, but I''m sure others will answer soon.

*M*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fear that it won't be eye clean. In emerald cuts, you need a better clarity. VS2, would be the lowest I'd go for this cut. Maybe an SI1, but you'd have to see it in person. Emerald cuts are not forgiving as far as inclusions are concerned, not like a RB. Is the center stone certed??

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
The ring is from Sam''sclub, so they said it''ll come with certificate from IGI

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''d be very worried buying from a catalogue where I can''t see ''my'' stones in advance. Plus I''d want a cert. from somewhere like GIA rather than IGI and I''ll be very suprised if you don''t get a lot of people saying this.

For $3000 you can do so much better looking online. Try checking out Whiteflash or GOG. Emeralds aren''t so easy to find as RB, but at least you''ll get a stone that is worth what you are paying - and one that you can see in advance.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if I remember correctly (and if not, someone tell me I'm wrong), but IGI is a fairly lenient grading system. So, if the stone is an I color according to the IGI report, the color might actually rate warmer on a stricter grading scale. One of the top grading systems is GIA, so that may be something to look into. Are you dead set on getting this ring, because without more information it is kind of hard to say how good it really is. But ultimately, if you like the look of it, that is what matters!

*M*

ETA: Here is one that around 2800 (so it may be too much for just the stone itself), and it's just for you to get an idea. It's better clarity and GIA certified, but I think it may be a little deep. Anyway, here's the link http://whiteflash.com/emerald/Emerald-cut-diamond-26645.htm

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your advice, after reading your posts, DH and I decide not to order the ring from Sam's club and start checking out some of PS vendor's stock.
Besides, whiteflash, is there any other vendors here that you recommend?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are many vendors under Resources at the top of the page. GOG has helped a lot find fancies, and they''re very reputable.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results