shape
carat
color
clarity

"Is it real" questions?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely and doesn’t look the least bit fake. Odd question.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Wear it in good health and congratulations on the milestone!

I have been asked the ‘are they real?’ Questions, directed at my jewellery or even my body (I am petite but have unusually large... assets). If it’s someone I know, I don’t tend to be offended. If it’s a stranger, then yes I have been offended as I find it rude that a stranger might feel compelled to and justified in commenting on my appearance. I feel it’s horrifically rude.

When it comes down to jewellery, no I haven’t particularly cared when people have asked. I just take it as curiosity.

I hadn’t thought of how differently I react to the same question directed at different things before. Interesting how the response varies!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
It's a gorgeous ring & so is yours cosmetologist.
I've had acquaintances ask how much I paid for things & that makes me truly uncomfortable

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I usually get "what are those stones?" I think they are obviously emeralds, but now that I know about tsavs and green sapphires (thanks PS CS) I guess it is fair. Although I do get asked if it is jade rather often. Eh Personally, I see all that as a gateway question to take a closer look.

I have had some oblique questions ala is it real, more like "oh that looks like an antique," insinuating it is a reproduction or something about the stone. I chalk it up to the old cut. Ironically, when I wear it abroad I know people.think it is fake, which is fine by me.

I agree with the other posters that for many the question is about expense, how did he afford that or what not. I'm not going to tell but I can guarentee it was less than some of my co-workers MRB solitaires.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DiamondLil2468

Rough_Rock
@throughthemist that Ring is Gorgeous :kiss2: Congratulations on the Career Milestone too I can't think of a better way to mark the occasion than with some Bling Bling ✨✨✨

Regarding the Question I do think it depends on who asks the Question and how but either way your ring is certainly Real and very very Beautiful ❤️

@Cosmetologist that is ridiculous!! :eek2:

I can not believe a Shopkeeper would probe somebody like that in front of other Customers too I mean what's it to do with her anyways?? :oops2:

I can tell just from that pic that its the *Real Deal* obviously she isn't used to seeing *Proper Jewelry* ✨✨✨

I love the Review you left btw :lol-2: can I be so tasteless to Ask the Ct Weight? It certainly looks a healthy size lol :P2

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks @DiamondLil2468 lol I had to leave a review she was so Rude I didn't know what to do at first I just left in a Huff & Puff :lol-2:

It's only 2.5ct lol not as big as some of the others on here!! But it is one of my Fave everyday pieces I love the OP's Ring I think Baguettes & Rounds make such lovely Partners!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would I be offended by the question? No. I'd probably laugh. Do I think the question is appropriate? No. I actually think it is a bit rude. I might not think it inappropriate if it was asked by a good friend, who would probably be asking out of friendly curiosity, but that question from a stranger, a co-worker or a mere acquaintance seems somewhat rude to me.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I think some people assume that diamonds are very, very expensive so a gorgeous ring like yours might invite speculation indeed :) I think based on that I wouldn't be offended if asked. Enjoy your well deserved purchase!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to wear multiple diamond rings on each hand. Because more is more, right?

Anyway, I've had the "Are those real diamonds?" question from co-workers.
My answer has been, on several occasions,
"Of course. I don't wear costume jewelry."

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's someone I know who asked that I would simply answer the question, give details. But if it was a stranger, someone whose motives seem shady I say yes, it's a real ring.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your career milestone. Personally if asked I would respond based on how comfortable the situation is. I’d rather have strangers on a crowded city street thing my rings are fake. Enjoy your ring and respond as the mood strikes you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results