shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it possible to see the table inscription on an Isee2 diamond with a loupe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
This is probably a silly question but I am looking at buying myself a loupe and was probably going to get one of these oneshttp://www.geo-tools.com/lens.htm. I contemplated getting a 20x loupe as well if it is possible to see the table inscription with it for no other reason then just for fun :).

Is it worth it or would I just be wasting my money?

Also anyone know where I can buy a H&A viewer?

TIA :)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waste of money. It's virtually impossible to see it even with a high powered microscope. While I love the Isee2 products the ionized inscriptions IMPO are worthless because most appraisers can't even find em. You need a special "viewing device" which is available only to Isee2 distributors.
40.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rhino :)

I don''t think anyone here sells ISee2''s, oh well it was just a curiosity.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yup, what Jon said - my appraiser couldn't find mine with her microscope.
Good to hear it wasn't just me Jon!

Dee - imo its still fun to have a good loupe anyways - there is a thread discussing tools over in jewelry at the moment.
I just bought a decent loupe and tweezers jewelrysupply.com.
I found their shipping abit cheaper for o/s, and it was pretty quick.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:10:11 AM
Author: Rhino
Waste of money. It's virtually impossible to see it even with a high powered microscope. While I love the Isee2 products the ionized inscriptions IMPO are worthless because most appraisers can't even find em. You need a special 'viewing device' which is available only to Isee2 distributors.
40.gif
What he said.

My appraiser couldn't find mine either. So much for the indentification! She got so curious, she called GIA to find out how they managed to see it. Seems they finally found it (under high mag scope) by turning the stone upside down and viewing it through the diamond.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks AJ I was having a sticky beak and there are definitely some things I want to order :).

Ellen that is crazy, I guess I am never going to see that it which really makes it rather pointless LOL.

ETA: There was no sun out today and it rained, it seems a curse anytime I go to take a photo LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:11:17 AM
Author: Deelight
Ellen that is crazy, I guess I am never going to see that it which really makes it rather pointless LOL.

ETA: There was no sun out today and it rained, it seems a curse anytime I go to take a photo LOL
Exactly. I even wroter the company and politely told them that.

Well, I''ll be watching SMTR missy.
11.gif
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the only way I could see mine was through a special device that my jeweler had and even then it was extremely hard to find.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I can see it with a 20x loupe. It is very difficult but works for me..... Everyones eyesight is different so it is not the same for everyone. Obviously a microscope is much easier.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:55:39 AM
Author: beach
I can see it with a 20x loupe. It is very difficult but works for me..... Everyones eyesight is different so it is not the same for everyone. Obviously a microscope is much easier.

Thanks Catmom and Beach :)

Hrmm I would have buckley''s chance seeing if it is as hard as everyone says but FI might have a shot he has super hawk like vision, however with the crap exchange rate I might just hold off it for a bit and just get a 10x loupe.

Ellen Did you get a response to your letter?

We have been having the weirdest weather here lately, it is seriously raining most days and it is not that sunny...I don''t get it

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL Rich! Yep. It''s good in the sense that it''ll always be there and *could* be identified if needs be but even at 64x (which is what our microscope zooms to) I''ve only caught it on occasion and I have it have it tilted just so. Since acquiring a 2nd Isee2 device we have been capturing screen shots of the inscription in our lab for documentation but yea otherwise ... IMO useless. Same with the DeBeers Millenium Diamond if my understanding is correct. You need DeBeer''s "special device" to see it on the table. Have you had a chance to see any of those Rich? Is it similarly painful to identify?''''

beach... that''s great you can find it with 20x. So I guess it *is* possible then.

Weather has been a lil crazy here too. Today was actually a beautiful day but we''re supposed to get snow again on Tuesday.
40.gif

All the best,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Also Dee ... you didn''t get an H&A viewer when you received your diamond from us? If not drop us an email and I''ll get one out to you asap.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
No I didn''t, but thanks for the Rhino will do :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 11:45:47 AM

Yes, and it was basically a non answer. They just explained why they went this route with the identification process (can''t be removed easily like on a girdle) and how it would give one peace of mind.
blankstare012.gif
In other words, they either didn''t get it, or didn''t want to admit the logo method is flawed.

It''s my only gripe about my diamond though, it still makes me swoon.
5.gif

*waves to Rich*

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:26:56 AM
Author: Ellen

Yes, and it was basically a non answer. They just explained why they went this route with the identification process (can''t be removed easily like on a girdle) and how it would give one peace of mind.
blankstare012.gif
In other words, they either didn''t get it, or didn''t want to admit the logo method is flawed.

5.gif

*waves to Rich*

That is because no one can see the little bugger to remove it
11.gif

Your diamond is awesome Ellen, it makes me swoon :) so pretty.

I *puffy heart* my ISEE2 as well, especially in low lighting it is still so alive and shimmery.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:37:34 AM

blankstare012.gif

5.gif

*waves to Rich*

11.gif

I *puffy heart* my ISEE2 as well, especially in low lighting it is still so alive and shimmery.
lol.gif
No kidding.

And thank you mam!! I love yours too, just need to see more of it.
11.gif
Had to get that in there.
9.gif
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:42:22 AM
Date: 2/2/2009 9:37:34 AM

blankstare012.gif

5.gif

*waves to Rich*

11.gif

lol.gif
No kidding.

And thank you mam!! I love yours too, just need to see more of it.
11.gif
Had to get that in there.
9.gif
2.gif

Your welcome :).

It rained again today the weather is crazy down south there are heat waves and up here we are having overcast and rainy days
32.gif
, so much for summer.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ooo Ooh! May I join the "I heart my Isee2" love-in? *Puts up hand*
silly invisible inscription or no, I still love mine
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
Me too, me too! I swear mine shimmers in no light. I
emlove.gif
it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results