shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it possible to have a custom ring made in 5 days?

Bookwyrm

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm having a custom ring made by David Klass, but tweaking the CADs took a bit longer than planned and now there's only 5 working days left to have the ring made if I want to pick it up in person. Is it possible to have a custom design (the one below) made within such a short timeframe? There's a lot of details and engravings not on the CAD that need to be added after casting. I'm worried it'll be too rushed and not to DK's usual standards. Has anyone else had a project rushed like this before and was the end result to your liking?

The alternative is to have him Fedex it to me in Australia, but I'd really like to pick it up in person.

Thank you!

final CAD 6.jpg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I've had a quick turnaround - doable, but if it has notable detail you might prefer the peace of mind of waiting

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say generally not possible, but you'd have to ask DK to be sure.

Bookwyrm

Rough_Rock
I'd say generally not possible, but you'd have to ask DK to be sure.

DK said it should be doable, and he will push to make the deadline, but I'm just a bit worried it'll be too rushed or sloppy. I'm still deciding whether to go ahead with this or to tell him to take his time...

Bookwyrm

Rough_Rock
From what I've read, my understanding is that when jewelers quote 2-3 weeks or more, your ring is going into a queue and you have to wait your turn, and that takes up most of the time? So would the actual time it takes to make the ring be a couple of days?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK said it should be doable, and he will push to make the deadline, but I'm just a bit worried it'll be too rushed or sloppy. I'm still deciding whether to go ahead with this or to tell him to take his time...

@Bookwyrm If he says it’s doable, then I’d go for it!! You can go to pick it up and hopefully you’ll fall in love and fly home with it!! If there’s an issue, you can leave it for adjustments. Love the design!
He rushed a sizing of a tennis bracelet that I bought preloved here. He had that bracelet sized and shipped in a couple days just in time for Christmas. :)

Bookwyrm

Rough_Rock
@Bookwyrm If he says it’s doable, then I’d go for it!! You can go to pick it up and hopefully you’ll fall in love and fly home with it!! If there’s an issue, you can leave it for adjustments. Love the design!
He rushed a sizing of a tennis bracelet that I bought preloved here. He had that bracelet sized and shipped in a couple days just in time for Christmas. :)

Ok, I'll probably go ahead with the rush order, and see how it goes. Fingers crossed! :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's asking a lot, but if they say they will do it, then I think they will do their very best and not compromise on the finished product. And if for some reason you think it doesn't look right, they will fix it and ship it to you. They are very accommodating.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If DK says it's doable then I'd go for it

Same, however, I personally would have preferred to allow more time for the bench to make the ring.

DK :))

Bookwyrm

Rough_Rock
I think it's asking a lot, but if they say they will do it, then I think they will do their very best and not compromise on the finished product. And if for some reason you think it doesn't look right, they will fix it and ship it to you. They are very accommodating.

I'm happy to hear that David is really accommodating. This is my first custom project with a jeweler outside of Australia, so I'm both super excited and nervous! I'm having trouble conveying exactly how I want the bezel of my ring to look, and I can't seem to word things very well, but I'm just hoping his team will whip up something I like.

Bookwyrm

Rough_Rock
Same, however, I personally would have preferred to allow more time for the bench to make the ring.

DK :))

Me too, but my layover in LA is on the 23rd and I would really like to be able to pick it up in person. Waiting on a delivery from the US to Australia sounds stressful...

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to hear that David is really accommodating. This is my first custom project with a jeweler outside of Australia, so I'm both super excited and nervous! I'm having trouble conveying exactly how I want the bezel of my ring to look, and I can't seem to word things very well, but I'm just hoping his team will whip up something I like.

Have you sent them examples of how you want the bezel to look? Or can you do a mock up? I think they work best with either clear photos or very clear verbiage about what you want.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
From what I've read, my understanding is that when jewelers quote 2-3 weeks or more, your ring is going into a queue and you have to wait your turn, and that takes up most of the time? So would the actual time it takes to make the ring be a couple of days?

Yeah. Besides, it's a cast piece, not hand forged. If they've offered to meet your short deadline, then I'd assume their schedule allows for your project to be moved to the front of the queue. I wouldn't worry.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@Bookwyrm are you back in Aus yet? Do you have hand photos of your new ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results