shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it possible to get an excellent cut 2 carat colourless round brilliant solitaire for 12,000 gbp?

Clugc

Rough_Rock
Hi just wondering if it’s possible to get an excellent cut GIA diamond d-f colour eye clean for 12000 gbp? Don’t mind preowned options where is the best place to look?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you buy from the US I assume you'll need to pay VAT, right?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plus import fees.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeap, possible. 2.0c Eye Clean SI2 with med-VS fluo.
It will not be easy and will take some time.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be tricky if buying new. I just had a look at Blue Nile and there was only one stone, not great cut. Can you drop down to G or H colour? Might give more options? You’ll find buying in the U.K. very expensive, often makes sense to buy from overseas despite the fees.

Clugc

Rough_Rock
Yeap, possible. 2.0c Eye Clean SI2 with med-VS fluo.
It will not be easy and will take some time.

Awe I can’t do Fluoro I just don’t like my stone shining blue

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awe I can’t do Fluoro I just don’t like my stone shining blue

It really won't shine blue under most circumstances especially if the fluoro is only medium. You'd likely only really see it if you spend a lot of time working with blacklight.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in UK, and IMHO, not a chance, even to import from abroad, and I said that out loud when I saw the post title, sorry!

You would need to drop the colour to H/I and clarity to VS2/SI1, and this is the closest one I could find on White Flash, excluding custom and import charges, and it is already over your budget:

WF 1.918ct, I VS2 ACA

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this 2ct one at Ivy & Rose, J SI1 (Eye Clean) 3X, GIA certified, and should be within your budget including import duty and charges:

Ivy & Rose on Etsy 2ct J SI1 3x GIA

I am not au fait with numbers/portions, and shall leave it to the experts to comment whether it is a good stone or not.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this 2ct one at Ivy & Rose, J SI1 (Eye Clean) 3X, GIA certified, and should be within your budget including import duty and charges:

Ivy & Rose on Etsy 2ct J SI1 3x GIA

I am not au fait with numbers/portions, and shall leave it to the experts to comment whether it is a good stone or not.

I think the issue is that with import fees, etc, OP won't be able to find an ideal cut diamond in his size, price, color, and clarity preference. This stone isn't well cut so IMHO wouldn't be a contender for me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the issue is that with import fees, etc, OP won't be able to find an ideal cut diamond in his size, price, color, and clarity preference. This stone isn't well cut so IMHO wouldn't be a contender for me.

It was an example of what the OP's budget would be able to buy new stone. Hopefully, the experts can find a pre-owned stone within his budget.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was an example of what the OP's budget would be able to buy new stone. Hopefully, the experts can find a pre-owned stone within his budget.

Agreed! To the OP: Most people would much rather have a well cut stone that is slightly smaller and G/H color rather than a not well cut 2ct stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results