shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it possible to get 4ctw D-F, VVS-VS beautifully cut diamonds under $2K

sweetanzflower

Rough_Rock
I've been following a few Instagram accounts, reading reddit, and the forum. I've seen prices drop for a pair of 4ctw lab studs... but are they beautifully cut? I've been lucky that @DejaWiz helped me find my 3-4ct ring and it's beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is possible but you will probably have to go with lower clarity (SI1/SI2) and may have to go with numbers a little
bit out of the norm from what we usually recommend. In other words, if you're not overly picky it should be possible.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw you had VS/VVS in your title...that may not be possible. @DejaWiz and @Kim N are amazing at finding stones
so ...lets see what they come up with!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's possible. Will likely have to search through hundreds to thousands of CVD to find one with higher material quality, cut precision, and optics.

I'd probably jump down a couple color grades to G-H and then try to find a cleaner SI1, even.

Super Ideal kind of perfect? Nope.
Will it look just fine to a majority of eyes at regular viewing/admiring distances? Probably so.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I've been following a few Instagram accounts, reading reddit, and the forum. I've seen prices drop for a pair of 4ctw lab studs... but are they beautifully cut? I've been lucky that @DejaWiz helped me find my 3-4ct ring and it's beautiful.

I got mine from Alex for 2200 (you can see my earlier thread about it) and they are G and the angles aren't PS perfect but still fall within the AGS 0 chart. The price also included the settings. I got analysis paralysis trying to go through hundreds of stones on Ritani etc and then would have to find an outside jeweler to buy settings and pay a fee to set. I decided that it was worth it to go this route and I am happy with my choice.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

An idea of what my lazy search brought up - these aren't exactly 4 cttw, but I'm certain it is possible. =)

sweetanzflower

Rough_Rock
Thank you all,

So in summary : no super ideal cut for $2k, but can get some for 2-300K that could fall within the ASG chart with a color around G. or go under with the carat weight or clarity.

If i wanted a super ideal cut diamond 4ctw F/G color VS quality - what should my budget be?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all,

So in summary : no super ideal cut for $2k, but can get some for 2-300K that could fall within the ASG chart with a color around G. or go under with the carat weight or clarity.

If i wanted a super ideal cut diamond 4ctw F/G color VS quality - what should my budget be?

I can find 2.00-2.2 D-E VS1 or better GIA graded HPHT with ideal proportions and tight cut precision all day long for $1800-2000 each.

sweetanzflower

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! $3800 -$4000 it is haha!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! $3800 -$4000 it is haha!!!

Something like these?

sweetanzflower

Rough_Rock
They are beautiful Kim! so around $3.5-$4K is doable with beautiful pairs like these. Do we think the prices will go down further this year? I remember looking online it was roughly around $6k for pair like these.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful Kim! so around $3.5-$4K is doable with beautiful pairs like these. Do we think the prices will go down further this year? I remember looking online it was roughly around $6k for pair like these.

Unknown... holiday season is coming up when diamonds usually experience an uptick in pricing, but especially hard to predict given the state of everything going on in the world right now.

sweetanzflower

Rough_Rock
Thank you -

i think i have to decide to either go with something okay to look at or increase my budget :) thank you everyone! This has answered my question. Once im ready to purchase will let you all know!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results