shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it possible to do Personal/Intimate in Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CarbonCrew

Rough_Rock
I''m finding myself in a bit of a dilemma with my proposal. During the first week of June my girlfriend, my mom, my dad, and I will be traveling to Vegas for a week long trip. This should be an extra special occasion as this is my first time in Vegas and my girlfriend has never been west of the Mississippi. So all is setting nicely for a stellar proposal. Well one would think so at least. I''ve read a lot of Vegas proposal ideas from the gondola rides to the Paris tower. Herein lies the problem, as these are popular attractions, it is inevitable that there will be an audience. I am a bit shy, and just the thought of having a huge crowd around makes me anxious.

So now I turn to my PS brethren for some ideas that will capture the magic of the occasion and trip while not being too public as to cause me to freak out (I can see myself now riding on the gondola, passing out, and falling into the water). Any thoughts on the matter or some exclusive spots that you could fill me in on?

Thanks for the help!

Chris

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
One of my friends had a beautiful vegas proposal - their hotel room overlooked that famous fountain that does kindof a water show (..clearly I know nothing about Vegas because I can''t remember where it is) - and as it was starting, he got down on one knee. I think he''d also had flowers and chocolate and champaign arranged to be delivered to the room. Totally romantic, totally private, and with a touch of Vegas :)

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s possible. I like the idea of in the room if it has a nice view.

Also are you going on any excursions outside the strip? My brother lives in Vegas now and when my sister visited they went to this Red Rock park that was just gorgeous. If you are nature lovers that would be amazing! There are lots of places to pull over and admire the scenery and maybe take a picnic lunch. Seriously my brother took a picture of his car while they were there and it looks like it could be used in a car commercial and it''s not even a great car it''s just the scenery is so pretty. I would guess if she''s never been west of the Mississippi this kind of Red Rock desert canyon would be new and exciting to her.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It is possible.
If you have a car, the ritz in henderson and red rocks are lovely. If you are staying on the strip, there are still a lot of good choices.

I would not go to the hotels on the south strip, including the stratosphere. They are fun, but are dark, loud and certainly not romantic with the exception of the montey carlo which is lovely.

Here are my suggestions in order of what I think of them:

venitian-at night, you can see the whole strip from the Venetian since it is in the middle. The best part is the fountain that becomes a volcano. The front balcony on the second floor of the "doge''s palace" is not terribly crowded, lovely and the view is the best. If I were being proposed to in Vegas, that would be the best place I can think of.

Belagio: There are two good spots. The first is inside, at the gardens. They are beautiful, but can get crowded. Since they are open 24 hours, if you want to go there I suggest you go at a quiet time like early in the morning, it really is magical. The fountians really are as amazing as everyone says they are, so they are often crowded. But the area around them is huge, so the sides are usually much less packed.

Ceaser''s: I love ceaser''s palace, its been my favorite since I was a kid, but it is for the most part crowded. Off the forum shops there is a dead end that lead''s to a huge round fish tank. It is usually very quiet back there and nice. It is dark though, and bad for taking pictures.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I was just in Vegas and stayed at the Bellagio-The garden is BEAUTIFUL and at night- we were there later (not late by Vegas standards) , like 1 in the AM and there was NO ONE there-we got photos of just ourselves and the gardens.

The gondola ride is hugely in the public view inside-we had an audience when our gondolier began singing ''con te partiro'', outside is a bit more secluded but it''s $60 for a private gondola vs. $30 if you share.

The Wynn has beautiful scenery and a waterfall, but not super private.

If you were to do it during the fountain show at the Bellagio at night, you could probably pull it off semi-privately, people are CLUELESS to everything around them during that show...

I''ll try to think of more ideas for you
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I''d say the hotel room proposal would be best. But probably pricey. So even if you don''t have a swanky hotel room, you can swank it up yourself. E.g. buy a couple dozen of roses and candles. Put some soft music on and dim the lights (or no lights, just candles). Maybe draw a bath too?

Anyway, this is of course assuming you can get her out of the hotel for about 45 mins-1hr. Pretty easy, you can let her sit at the tables and fake a tummy ache, or just have her go shopping and say you''re going to go upstairs and watch the game/movie/race/whatever. Or depending how long she takes to get ready, maybe you can do it while she''s showering to get ready for dinner. I''m sure your concierge could help getting flowers and candles for you.

Good luck!!!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The crowds won''t be there during the week. Sunday night through Thursday will be much less crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results