shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it okay to eat real butter?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure I could google it, but I get both yeses and nos.
Plus, with the Internet I'm always suspicious of posts by those with hidden financial interests.

We have a pretty smart bunch here, so I thought I'd sample the crowd.

What do you spread on your toast?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say 100% yes.

At least the one I eat, the ingredients are simple:

Cream, salt.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have only eaten REAL butter. I am still alive after 57 yrs... :praise:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've ever had a stick or tub of margarine in my house. Lots of real butter, though.

And I'm still here to tell the tale... :wink2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't make toast, but I DO make a mean grilled cheese, and I insist on using butter. It's only proper. :lickout:

ETA: but you were asking if it is OK, as in "is it detrimental to one's health" I think. My philosophy is that anything is ok, IN MODERATION. Well, except sex. You can probably never have too much of that. :naughty:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, especially if you are Irish, then you have to eat a stick a day!

Actually studies have come out lately that say one can eat butter now, not tons but it is allowed, it is better than margarine, but truth is Oliver Oil is probably for you.

On my toast I use pbj.. just a habit.

BUT I cook with butter and bake with it.. nothing else.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real butter all the way! Kerrygold is really good and I buy it in bulk at Costco. Really good butter makes anything taste better, I mainly cook with it and avocado oil.

A benefit to the real stuff is you tend to not need as much of it because it's so flavorful.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1478366521|4094115 said:
I don't make toast, but I DO make a mean grilled cheese, and I insist on using butter. It's only proper. :lickout:

ETA: but you were asking if it is OK, as in "is it detrimental to one's health" I think. My philosophy is that anything is ok, IN MODERATION. Well, except sex. You can probably never have too much of that. :naughty:

:lol: :lol:

Made my day right there!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1478368004|4094129 said:
monarch64|1478366521|4094115 said:

:lol: :lol:

Made my day right there!

TRUE STORY. You can even use butter! Hahahahaha!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All right! All right!

You nasty women! :naughty:
Let's keep it clean. Bigly clean. :sun:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the 80s, before I was born, I was fed toast with margarine. Then in the news maybe late 90s? they went on and on about how butter is better so then I was fed toast with butter.

I have butter in the fridge usually for baking, but I fry my eggs in coconut oil.

With regard to sex I would recommend fractionated coconut oil bc it's already in liquid form is odorless/tasteless, and has antifungal and antibacterial properties, so... Slip slide away, ya'll!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving this thread!!!!

Great topic Kenny ;-)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grab either olive oil becel or butter. We always have both. We cook with butter, coconut oil or olive oil depending on the food. I don't use enough during a typical week to make any difference. Butter is very expensive here. It goes up to almost $6 a bar just in time for holiday baking. In the summer it is about $4. Becel is less expensive.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never knowingly eaten any other spreads except butter all my life.

Cool yet still a bit of warmth toasts so that butter does not melt when it hits the toasts as I hate soggy toasts.

And the butter has to be slightly salted, unsalted butter is strictly for baking in my house. And I would mix a bit of salt with unsalted butter if it is being served.

Don't like the taste of margarine or other spreads.

DK :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What spread do you spread with? :whistle:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The problem with margarine is what is defined as "vegetable" oil. The oil used is usually cottonseed, rape seed, safflower or coconut. Basically, whatever is cheap at the time of manufacturing/packing, so it varies. Cottonseed oil is very bad for you, it is used as a natural pesticide. So margarine is a crap shoot, because the USDA has a loose definition of "vegetable" oil.

In the old days, I believe until the mid-'70's, margarine was made of emulsified fish oils. So, yeah, mom and dad were eating fish bits.

I am also very suspicious of anything that is very solid at room temperature. I prefer that things that wander around in my 98.6 degree environment melt down to something digestable.

So, yes, butter is better. And eggs are fine too, BTW. Turns out they don't really affect your cholesterol level.

Plus butter is way easier to get off the sheets. :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, keep the butter in the kitchen. Easier to clean countertops than wash and dry the sheets! :-o :naughty: :cheeky:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1478383420|4094232 said:
iLander, keep the butter in the kitchen. Easier to clean countertops than wash and dry the sheets! :-o :naughty: :cheeky:

okay, hoisting myself onto the counter is just a disaster waiting to happen. I'll take the floor, you can clean the butter off easily and nobody falls off a floor :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1478384851|4094240 said:

okay, hoisting myself onto the counter is just a disaster waiting to happen. I'll take the floor, you can clean the butter off easily and nobody falls off a floor :bigsmile:

Wow. This thread has really gotten wild. I guess I didn't need to censor myself earlier when the first thing that popped into my head was "Last Tango in Paris".

Deb

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1478385236|4094243 said:

Wow. This thread has really gotten wild. I guess I didn't need to censor myself earlier when the first thing that popped into my head was "Last Tango in Paris".

Deb
Dems. gone WILD :!:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: I could keep going. But I know some readers are probably sprawled on their fainting couches right now, gasping for air. Pity. :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1478386191|4094256 said:

:lol: I could keep going. But I know some readers are probably sprawled on their fainting couches right now, gasping for air. Pity. :bigsmile:
Just bend over... :dance:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1478386933|4094262 said:
monarch64|1478386191|4094256 said:

Just bend over... :dance:

Hold on to your pearls, Pearl!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. We went to low fat things liked the whipped spread but once i noticed it doesn't come off on things in the dishwasher we went back to butter. Nothing is better than real butter on fresh baked biscuits, bread or baked potatoes.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your husband is a foot taller than you, bending over can be tricky, maybe a stool? Hopefully the butter doesn't melt down onto the stool or I might still end up on the floor.

I best end up with something pretty I can wear after this and I am NOT talking about a pearl necklace :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1478388505|4094274 said:
When your husband is a foot taller than you, bending over can be tricky, maybe a stool? Hopefully the butter doesn't melt down onto the stool or I might still end up on the floor.

I best end up with something pretty I can wear after this and I am NOT talking about a pearl necklace :naughty:

OMG DYING. :lol: ABSOLUTELY ROLLING. You win. :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSers sure know how to give new meaning to "buttering up" your spouses/significant others/partners/tinder swipe!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the kitchen I only use butter...

and olive oil,

and coconut oil,

and avocado oi,

And he uses only real whipping cream.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium