clarity

Is it okay to eat real butter?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best thread of 2016.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! My dh uses real butter for baking and we only use real butter and olive oil. No margarine or butter substitutes!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ughhh... I didnt realize the XXX side of the land o' lakes jingle bahahahahha
"Land o' lakes - SPREAD with sweet cream...!" :boohoo: :whistle: :dance: :naughty:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what really grinds my gears? "Butter" in a spray bottle! Like WTH is that? Is it really that hard to get a knife and put some effort into it? Honest to God I feel between that and cheese wiz we are a hopeless society.

Then again, you can spray where you want and that could be mighty convenient for sexy times.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put my hands up for having "spreadable" butter, for ease of, spreading on toasts straight from the fridge. :naughty: :bigsmile:

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I don't eat butter, there is no substitute for it in cooking and baking. If truth be told the smell of cooking with butter makes me queasy but I bear it all for L'Entrecote.

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course in my family we eat real butter. I looked for my copy of the cookbook that my mother and maternal grandmother both used throughout their lives to make traditional Slovak recipes, because I wanted to post one that used an average amount of butter. I remembered the pound cake recipe as being particularly heavy with butter (a pound of butter and a dozen eggs). But my cookbook must be in Virginia. (I am in Connecticut.) And I couldn't find the exact recipe on the Internet. I was a bit surprised to find that all classic pound cakes are apparently similar to the one in my family's cookbook. Here is what Wikipedia said about them:

"Pound cake refers to a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. However, any cake made with a 1:1:1:1 ratio, by weight, of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar may also be called a pound cake, as it yields the same results. Pound cakes are generally baked in either a loaf pan or a Bundt mold, and served either dusted with powdered sugar, lightly glazed, or sometimes with a coat of icing."

Bon appétit!

Deb :read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results