shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it ok to work with more than one vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Is it ok to talk to more than one online vendor at a time? Or should I just pick one and keep working with them until they find the stone I''m looking for? I don''t want to offend anyone, but I also want to make sure I''m getting the best stone at the best price.

I''m looking for an H&A, 1.3-1.5 carat, and it seems like those sizes move very fast, so I''m not sure what to do.

Help!

Clem.

Guru

Rough_Rock
Wow, cant believe you would even ask that question. Yes, work with a bunch, shop around, find the best deal, save money. You work with just one, you run the risk of overpaying substantiably. You are not buying real estate, its a diamond, dont let someone take you to the bank. When you find a diamond you like, run searches on the internet for similar diamonds, I guarantee prices are going to vary a lot from place to place. Protect yourself!!

Good luck....(barry at superbcert.com offers great diamonds with great personal service)
wavey.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Clem,

Its very common for consumers to work with more than
one vendor.

Remember that you should get the best possible service, and have the right to pick and choose with whom and where you make your purchase.

kirk

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
You might try working with a specific vendor who you seem to connect with in terms of personality and the type of inventory they tend to carry... This will prevent the diamonds you are looking for from being tied up by everybody who happens to be conducting a search on your behalf... Of course you can work with whomever you please and can involve several dealers in the search if you want, that is your perogotive, we just wanted to point out the possibility of the diamond you're looking for being tied up by the various dealers hoping to get your business instead of the stone actually being available with a dealer you want to work with...

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Your best bet is to shop around and see who gives you the best "bang" for your buck, Many vendors get the diamonds from the same sources and have a different markup.

As I always say
"shop and compare"
1.gif

good luck

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Personally I started by search with a great deal of vendors, on-line and BM. I was probably talking with a dozen or so companies at the same time. But, instead of picking the vendor who found a diamond I liked, I instead picked a vendor I liked and trusted, and then worked with them to find me a good diamond.

I guess I was shopping more for the vendor first, then I started shopping for the diamond. By the time it came to picking out a stone, I have spoken to so many different vendors that I had a very good idea of the going price for different quality diamonds.

In the end I went with Jonathan at GoodOldGold. Not because he had a diamond I wanted, actually I had him bring in a few specific diamonds for me. I went with him because I trusted him, I liked working with him, the service and the guarantees were great. His prices are not the lowest by pure ct. weight, but the service he provides more than justifies the increase in cost compared to some vendors who do very little before you see the diamond.

Since I was very, very picky about the diamond, and being that it was a pear shape which are more difficult to buy IMO, I needed a vendor who would spend the time with me I needed.

So IMO, pick one, or two vendors you like and then have them find a diamond. There are millions of diamonds out there and any vendor you go to will be able to find one you love, it is find a vendor that is the real challenge, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results