shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it ok to copy a desinger ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
I can't afford one but I sure love the looks of those dVatche solitaires. Any feedback on if this is ok and if so where I can go? Thanks.

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
Actually I'm looking for a solitaire without the centre stone.

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
Thanks. What about clones that are cheaper?

square

Rough_Rock
ice -
i am going through the same dilemma and am about to pull the trigger. i plan to buy the Plat. Royal Crown setting for a 1 ct. stone. i haven't fully checked them out yet, but take a look at www.johnrist.com. send an email inquiry and they'll come back w/ what i've found to be by far the best price. otherwise, it will cost $900 at any other site.
good luck,
steve.

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
Square, thanks for the link. Are you saying that the prices at the site are the cheapest for the Vatche solitaires? The don't list prices -- you have to call in.

square

Rough_Rock
john rist quoted me 575 for the royal crown plus shipping (prob less than 25). everywhere else i found wanted 900. have you found anywhere w/ a lower price?
thx,
steve.

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
I haven't found anything for under $900 and I've been scouring the net for a week now. That sounds like an excellent price. I don't think you'll be able to go lower.

I'm gonna do some calling today. If I find anything lower I'll post it here. Thanks for sharing!

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
Square, that price is for the platinum, right?

square

Rough_Rock
ice - i'm waiting for a call or email to confirm, but the initial email they sent me indicated 575 + shipping for the Vatche Platinum 6 Prong Royal Crown setting. i'll write back when i confirm the #'s...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
square, be patient. He is away at present time.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
... 575 + shipping for the Vatche Platinum 6 Prong Royal Crown setting....
----------------

Is it for original Vatche ring or a replica?

square

Rough_Rock
Hi Leo! Re. real vatche or replica - Not sure, I'll ask and put up a post when I find out. Are you guessing that it's a replica? If it looks too good to be true...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
square, be patient. He is away at present time.

square

Rough_Rock
ice - i don't know where you live, but if it's near manhattan you can drop by w/ your stone and a jeweler in the vatche shop will mount it for you (for free!). i thought that was pretty cool. you still have to buy the ring from a vendor, but they will set up an appointment for you to go to the vatche shop somewhere in the vicinity of a week and a half after you order it. i am heavily leaning towards forking over the 900 and buying from someone w/ a phone number and return policy (like whiteflash - you can ask for ramona @ 866-243-3093 x.2553, she is funny and competent; or bill at topper jewelry 888-730-2221 who i think i liked even better). good luck, s.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Hi Leo! Re. real vatche or replica - Not sure, I'll ask and put up a post when I find out. Are you guessing that it's a replica? If it looks too good to be true...
----------------

Hi Square, :)

I don't know - just curious. Please post your experience.

square

Rough_Rock
i bought from bill at topper jewelry 888-730-2221 for 900 w/ the understanding that i could drop by the vatche shop next week, have them mount my diamond for free, and walk out w/ the complete ring. sounded too convenient to pass on...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Square, sounds like a fun way of doing it. I would not tell them how much you paid. Vatche is getting very particular about their pricing. Vatche is a quality product but very expensive at retail. If Vatche insisted I pay their retail price, they would have lost my business and those of my peers. I knew for the price I could get a goldsmith to make it.

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a good deal on the Vatche and setting, Square. I live in Minnesota so I'm not sure if I can get the same deal...but maybe I too will fork out the $900 for piece of mind.

Derek

Rough_Rock
Ice - My girlfriend thought she had her heart set on a designer ring the moment she tore the ad out of the magazine and put it on the refrigerator (as a subtle hint to me). She already had the image in her head but could never accurately describe it until she saw the ad. By pure dumb luck I assumed it would probably be cheaper to have it made. I'm still shopping but so far quotes are well below the $2950 ring and $2600 wedding band prices (I hope none of the jewelers read this!). The added bonus is that now I can get her exactly what she wants, different prong style, and slightly different design and finish.

I'm in MN too, any jewelers to recommend?
Good luck with your purchase and engagement!
-D

Ice-Ice-baby

Rough_Rock
Derek, I've found jewelers in Minneapolis to be very expensive. You may want to check out RF Moeller, they good but expensive.

If you can get the picture scanned I'm sure someone over at www.diamondtalk.com could make it for you.

See a few pics at

www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10818

Good luck with everything!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results