shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it OK to change to another salesman?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

James99

Rough_Rock
Thank you for reading my post. I started the first step in my very first diamond crusade... visited some stores... came down to this local store and had my (general) questions answered by the same salesman 2 or 3 times. I am ready to select and purcahse a ring now but don't feel comfortable working with the same salesman. I feel that he shows little enthusiasm (or "being snobbish" are the right words?) helping me.

Is it OK that I request the help of another salesman? How to do so tactfully without generating bad feelings? Thank you!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
You have every right to purchase your diamond from whomever. You can either go to the store and outright request another sales associate or call the store, find out when that person is *not* working (by asking when he is) and then going to the store on the day that this person is *off*.

Good Luck!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
You have every right since you are the buyer to work with whomever makes you the most comfortable. (I liken this to changing hairdressers, but since you are a guy, you probably have no idea what I mean
emwink.gif
.) On a personal level, it''s a tricky thing -- the advice to go in when they are not working is a good idea if you are not comfortable just walking up to someone else, or maybe asking to work with the manager. I always take the perspective that if they are on commission, that shouldn''t impact me. It''s up to them to figure it out behind the scenes, and I shouldn''t have to work with someone I''m not comfortable with just because they approached me first.

On the other hand, you could shop around at other stores or online, now that you know what you are looking for.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi James,

Call and talk to the manager or owner.

If the manager does not immeadiatley offer another salesperson''s services ask to talk to the owner or a higher manager.

You, the customer deserve to be treated courtiously and profesionally .

As well, the manager should be grateful to get this feedback.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have been in this situation many times. I do not take too much salesperson's time unless I am serious about buying which you certainly are. The next time you go into the store, if this person approaches you, simply say you do not really seem interested in waiting on me. Perhaps I am taking too much of your valuable time and you would prefer to wait on other customers. I would appreciate it if you would get someone else to help me. Some salespeople seem to feel the snob approach works with timid customers. Let him know that it is not working with you.

Often there is a complete change in attitude once I have made it clear that I am dissatisfied with the service and will not tolerate it. A diamond is an expensive purchase and buying it should be a joyful experience. It is your time and your money and you should be comfortable with the person who is being paid to help you. You should not have to waste your time finding out when he is not in. You are the customer and you should be able to shop at your convenience. I do not like to get a person fired so I try to handle it myself before I complain to the management or owner.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have, we went through 3 at the jeweler we got my rings through and now we have abandoned the shop altogether. I didn''t feel that they were accomplishing things they promised and I didn''t feel they were doing what I requested. I got frustrated and upset when I asked for something to be done and it was like pulling teeth to just get them to look and when they said they fixed it they never did. Couldn''t deal with it.

That said, BE CAREFUL with your switch because you might still be giving the other guy the commission. SOmetimes they know who you were working with before and will give that person the sale.

James99

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I really appreciate all of you advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results