shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it necessary...?

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it turns out my dad will be marrying us instead of the pastor at the church we booked. He prefers that to just walking me down the aisle. He suggested in his place that my eldest brother walk me, which is the LAST thing I'd want. Instead, I suggested my mom do the honour.

Has anyone been to a wedding where the mom walked the bride down the aisle, not due to a dad that has passed away, but because the dad is performing another duty or unavailable?

Is it necessary to have either my dad or a male walk me down the aisle, or walk alone...in terms of formality, appropriateness...etc?

Can anyone think of a reason this would not be a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
No reason at all that would not be a good idea. I think it is lovely to have both your parents so involved!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Could he walk you down and then just stay up there? Just throwing another idea out. Otherwise, I wouldn't see any issue with either your mom walking you or you by yourself.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
sunnyd|1308860524|2953206 said:
Could he walk you down and then just stay up there? Just throwing another idea out. Otherwise, I wouldn't see any issue with either your mom walking you or you by yourself.

Thank you both for your feedback.

SunnyD, I did consider having him walk me and then just turn around. If it's not a weird thing, I think my mom might like being able to walk me down the aisle, so I think I'll stick to that.

Thanks again. :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think it's really sweet to have your mom walk you, that way both of your parents are really involved.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Just want to echo that as long as that solution works for you, your dad, and your mom, I think it's a great idea! Why not, you know?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am having my mom and her ex boyfriend walk me down the aisle. It really should be whoever is important to you!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I think it would be sweet to have your mom walk you down the aisle. Do it if it's what you want :)

Or maybe have them both walk you together? Either way!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely have your mom walk you down the aisle!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both my parents walked me down thd aisle. They could both walk with you and your dad could step away to begin the ceremony.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results