shape
carat
color
clarity

Is It Just ME?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me, or are a lot of people wearing pearls now?

I was watching the national news (I usually try to avoid the news, but anyway . . . ), and I swear, EVERY single woman on there was wearing pearls! The newscasters, the women in government, the experts being interviewed, all of them wearing pearls.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yep, pearls are HOT right now. Even I'm wearing them after ignoring my HS graduation gift for 38 years. :)) Don't know if it is Nancy Pelosi or what, but they are very, very popular. Maybe it is the Chinese freshies which are making it possible for everyone to afford a strand of cultured pearls.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think you're right FlyGirl!

I think everyone on TV is wearing them so they don't spark resentment (like a big ol' diamond would) during a recession.

What they don't get, is that it sparks fierce resentment among those of us that are fully informed about the quality of what they're wearing! :lol:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
At first I thought because I am more interested in pearls now compared to when I was in my 20's, so I have been noticing them more. But it's way more hot this year. I see them in Nordstrom and NM pamphlet books that they mailed to me. Our local news woman has a gorgeous gold SS strand that makes me drool.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
nothing to do with nancy pelosi :-o . big bold jewelry a la chanel and 50's style--real and fake-- is hot right now

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results