shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it better to put % or angle in cut advisor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Which gives you a more accurate reading, % or angle? I put numbers in for a stone and one gave me an ex/vg/vg/vg and the other gave me ex/ex/ex/vg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been lots of posts on this in the past.

The jist is that the % is not as accurate since it is a ROUNDED #...

Whereas the angle is an exact number and not rounded so it would give you a more exact reading on the HCA. I would always use the angle if you have it.

I have seen stones where when they use the % it says something like a 1.9 EX but if you use the actual angle it ends up being a 3.5 or something. So it CAN make a big difference depending on the stone and the range. Good luck.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
angles are more accurate
2.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
The % gave me a better reading but it doesn''t matter because I''m buying the stone anyway. Look at this idealscope.

IS_GIA-1314829311.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks verra yummy to me!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
It is very yummy Mara, but way too small for you.........I''m DOWNGRADING!!!!!!!!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice marriahlyn
3.gif

what will you be doing with it?

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
putting it into my original x-prong platinum setting. The stone is 1.02 E SI2 Expert Selection.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
downgrading!?! sacrilege!! why for?

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
LOL Mara,

I sold my famous Whiteflash pave bezel ring because dh kept getting mad that I wasn''t wearing my original set. He''s so traditional and wants me to wear it every day. BUT when he picked a diamond he went for color and clarity and the cut was crappy, it was ict F VS1 with 6.3mm width, 64.3 depth and 62.3 table, angles greater than 35 degrees or something like that.

Anyway, the person who got the diamond I''m sure will post but I''m not telling. It was the 1.48 J SI1 special I got from Barry. This person was mad when I bought it because she really wanted it for herself and now she talked him into it! I won''t tell until she announces. The setting was sold separately to another popular person on all boards and she''s putting in a 1.5ct Asha. I won''t tell either.

I''ve purchased this diamond:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-629949.htm#

So the 1.48 wouldn''t fit into my original set. Here''s a picture of it.........a very bad scanner picture and I have really nice sizing balls now. I''ll post a better picture when I get it back. I''m really not fond of the engagement ring but he had it custom made. It sits too high and it crooked so Whiteflash is going to try to fix it in any way they can.:

bandsizers.JPG

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a little better picture of the set. The stone in it was a 1.31 Israel EGL D SI2 which I had recut to 8* and came back GIA 1.1.0 F I2. I sold that stone too. Getting it recut was a bad bad mistake. It was a pretty ideal cut and nice when it was 1.31. Dh really doesn''t believe in anything over 1ct. He''s not a bling person, he wants me wearing something simple and that''s fine with me. I snuck the 1.31 in there and I wish I could afford about a 7mm now but I don''t have the money. I also hated him not knowing what I did when I switched the stones.

dsi2onhand2.jpg

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
and now that I''m wayyyyy off topic, he''s my beloved Whiteflash pave bezel. I literally CRIED when I sent the ring out to Wink to have the Asha put in for the new owner. It didn''t help that I had to send it registered and spend 1/2 hour taping the stupid thing. MY 7yo wanted to know what was wrong. The diamond didn''t hurt me like sending the ring. I just couldn''t afford to keep that and get a new stone also and dh wasn''t giving me any money.

My daughter also cried tears when she learned I was selling this Juicy sweatsuit which is her fav that doesn''t fit me. I kept one of the 3 I had and it''s yellow with orange tie dye. Maybe the buyer will trade out and if not I''m out of luck. I never thought I''d be a small again after my 2nd baby. He''s nursing all my lbs. down big boy and I am struggling to gain weight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Juicy-Couture-Dip-Dye-Pink-Green-Hoody-Set-M_W0QQitemZ5468577683QQcategoryZ11559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DH is a banker and accountant so he''s a tightwad. I''ll never upgrade unless it''s a RHR and I sell TONS on ebay to make the money, which I''ve already started ROFL.

I covet the Tiffany bezel ring with the squarish stone sort of East/West.......don''t have a picture of it, it''s their special diamond for a RHR. I want to put in a nice emerald cut Ruby which is my birthstone. I''d put a created ruby in WG but I''m a platinum whore and I think a real ruby would last better in the bezel setting because it couldn''t be changed. Time to save my money.

jamie475633.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering what was going on when I saw that your pave bezel ring was up for sale. I was hoping you weren''t having a bad financial situation -- glad that wasn''t the case.

Your husband sounds just like mine! He is still ticked off that I changed my original e-ring! I finally have the 1ct stone I have always wanted and I don''t think he''ll ever let me get much bigger (heck, it took me 7 years to get that stone!) He doesn''t believe in big bling either - and to him anything over 1ct is big. I am going to one day get my original e-ring remade (as I had it stretched out to fit a family stone and now it looks nothing like it once did) and get a nice 1/2ct round to put in there. Funny how some guys are so sentimental and other could care less!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh Mariah I am so sorry to hear about you having to sell your beautiful pave bezel ring!! That's so sad!! I mean it's great that other PS'ers and diamond lovers get to benefit but it's such a sad story and esp when you said you were crying mailing it off!!

Personally, and I know this is not the same for everyone but I just have to get it out, I don't understand husbands who don't support 'what makes their wives happy'...if that makes sense, as long as it's within reason. I am totally not into my husbands music or car loving habits but if he JUST HAD to have this car or new tuba that costs XYZ, if it makes him happy and we could afford it then I wouldn't stand in his way or guilt him about it later. Life is too short to not be happy with what you want if you can swing it. Or an even better example, if he had something already but I didn't like it as much as something else I'd given him, why can't he have two things he loves to use or play with? Why does it have to be one person's way or nothing.

Anyway sorry to digress and obviously I don't know your hubby or your relationship, but I just think it's sad that he couldn't be happy that you had two ring sets you loved rather than trying to guilt you (even if subconciously!) into wearing the original one he bought you. Sentimentality is one thing and it can be nice, but there are two people (and more if you count the kids you gave him!) in that relationship and I think respect for what each wants is paramount, you are obviously showing it with selling the ring you adored and built to make him happy but is it reciprocated?

I hope that this new stone makes you dazzingly happy and if your hubby has any problems with it, tell him to call me!
9.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I''m not really upset about selling my pave bezel and we''re not in any kind of bad money situation. I love that my husband is traditional and that''s ok with me. I don''t mind not having huge bling because I don''t work. I get to stay home every day and take care of my wonderful children. I really couldn''t ask for anything more!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m glad to hear that it''s not that big of a deal but when I saw that you cried for 30 minutes while packaging it up, ''I thought that is just cruel punishment''!!
39.gif
So I had to speak up!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results