shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it as good as it looks?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kamajama

Rough_Rock
40.gif
I am getting ready to purchase a diamond with the following specs. Any insight as to whether it is a good price and a sparkly diamond based on the numbers?

Ideal cut
34.9 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
56.9% table
61.9 % depth
ideal symmetry
ideal polis
thin to slightly thick girdle
pointed culet
I color
VS2
measures 8.99 X 9.01 X 5.53
It has a crystal inclusion and a natural-which AGS said should be near the culet.
Price $26,989

Input? thanks soo much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 2:24:21 PM
Author:kamajama
40.gif
I am getting ready to purchase a diamond with the following specs. Any insight as to whether it is a good price and a sparkly diamond based on the numbers?

Ideal cut
34.9 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
56.9% table
61.9 % depth
ideal symmetry
ideal polis
pointed culet
I color
VS2
It has a crystal inclusion and a natural-which AGS said should be near the culet.
Price $26,989

Input? thanks soo much.
Welcome!

It looks promising by the numbers, do you have an ASET or Idealscope image for the diamond? Pricing depends, is it from an online vendor or store jeweller? Typically diamonds from jewellery stores may be more expensive than those online. If online you can do a comparison using the Pricescope your Diamond tool above.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PS, do the stone have any ideal scope images? It looks very promising!!

This is how it did on the HCA Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 0.6 - Excellent
within TIC range

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp this tool is too weed out stones.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.gemappraisers.com/oldcutgraderules.asp

The above link is hidden away a bit, but it is on the Pricescope site. The AGA Cut Class system will help weed out problematic diamonds much like the HCA. You will need the crown height% and pavilion depth% in addition to the data you posted, but indications are that you will have a class1 diamond, but with the added details you can find out if it is a 1A or 1B.....

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
40.gif

Ideal cut
34.9 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
56.9% table
61.9 % depth
ideal symmetry
ideal polis
pointed culet
I color
VS2
Price $26,989

Input? thanks soo much.
In this case I think the Diamond should be checked via RL observation...
The culet area is one of the most sensitive areas for inclusion position..., especially in a RB...
Depending on the exact position..., a crystal inclusion positioned near the culet could result in multiple reflections of the crystal in a dense area right in the middle of the face up appearance.

Because it''s a VS2..., chances are you wont notice the inclusion..., but I would confirm if I were you...

Good luck,

kamajama

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help!!! I made a mistake and said the natural inclusion is in the culet, I meant the girdle. Has anybody purchased a diamond and sent it back for a refund? I am a bit worried about the transaction. I am excited to see if the research I have done is reflected in the beauty of the stone. I did the pricescope tool above and there was one stone less and one stone more, but they didn''t have the angles I was after. I think I am going to go for it, unless someone has anything else to add in terms of what to look for or the return option. Thanks again.
40.gif

Ideal cut
34.9 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
56.9% table
61.9 % depth
ideal symmetry
ideal polis
pointed culet
I color
VS2
Price $26,989

Input? thanks soo much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 6:52:00 PM
Author: kamajama
Thanks for all the help!!! I made a mistake and said the natural inclusion is in the culet, I meant the girdle. Has anybody purchased a diamond and sent it back for a refund? I am a bit worried about the transaction. I am excited to see if the research I have done is reflected in the beauty of the stone. I did the pricescope tool above and there was one stone less and one stone more, but they didn''t have the angles I was after. I think I am going to go for it, unless someone has anything else to add in terms of what to look for or the return option. Thanks again.

40.gif

Ideal cut
34.9 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
56.9% table
61.9 % depth
ideal symmetry
ideal polis
pointed culet
I color
VS2
Price $26,989

Input? thanks soo much.
Make sure the vendor has a good return policy and you should be fine.

kamajama

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 5:10:25 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/6/2009 6:52:00 PM
Author: kamajama

40.gif

Ideal cut
34.9 crown angle
40.5 pavilion angle
56.9% table
61.9 % depth
ideal symmetry
ideal polis
pointed culet
I color
VS2
Price $26,989

Input? thanks soo much.
Make sure the vendor has a good return policy and you should be fine.
Thanks for your input. I went ahead and gave it a shot. It is spectacular. I can''t even find the inclusions they are so tiny. The cut is beautiful and it is very sparkley. I am having a simple custom design made for the stone. I will post it as soon as it is set. I can''t tell you how helpful it was to use all of the links and suggestions on this forum. I don''t feel ignorant any longer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kama, thank you so much for you very kind words and CONGRATS on your purchase, we would love to see pics sometime please!!!
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results