shape
carat
color
clarity

IS Image review please !

jayrun79

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

So I posted here before asking for review with 3 diamonds. Well, I just received IS image and I would like reviews and feedback. Also I just found same diamond from different online dealer who is roughly $300 cheaper. Is it ok to purchase from different store or will the original store hold the diamond, so I can only purchase from them. They said the policy is they can only hold the diamond for 24 hours and released. Is this mean the diamond is going back to warehouse? Thanks everyone

1.66 carat
Color I
Clarity VS2
7.57 x 7.63 x 4.72
Dept 62.1%
Table 55%
Crown 35%
Pavilion 40.8%
Girdle thin-slightly thick
Cut/pol/sym all excellent
HCA score: 1.6

1356230id[1].JPG

I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-1_66-Carat-Round-Diamond.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks good!

Is the diamond with a vendor that has the setting you are interested in? Think about some local store will charge you a setting fee to mount a diamond that they did not sell to you. It could vary by a lot, My jeweler charged $100, whereas I went to another jeweler and it was $300! and another one, per carat weight.

jayrun79

Rough_Rock
I am only purchasing diamond alone. I am going to local jeweler for setting and wedding band. I just want to make sure I got a good diamond and PS members seal of approval before the purchase :naughty:

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
Sure, but if the scope image is from the vendor (ie he had the stone shipped to him), remember that you may be on the hook for shipping it back.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
why don't you just ask the vendor if they do a price match?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice IS.

I confess, I have a problem with the idea of asking Vendor A to ship the stone out and spend the the time and energy of getting you an IS and giving you a professional opinion, and then armed with that extra info choosing to actually buy from Vendor B who happens to list that stone for less - but would not have offered those same services. It seems - frankly, stingy and unscrupulous - to me.. but maybe I just have imprudent principles.

Why not just ask Vendor A to price match? Also you will want to consider that some vendors have other policies and services you may be interested in, like upgrades, buybacks, etc. that you might pay a slight premium for up-front.

Ickeymouse

Rough_Rock
I agree with Yssie. If Vendor A got you the stone and sent the IS image to you, and you like the diamond, by all means, patronize Vendor A! You could ask for a price match first, but remember, jewelers gots to eat too! I am sure it cost Vendor A something (time, or money, etc., to get you the diamond, and image, etc.). I think the more we try and scalp prices, the more these vendors have to artificially inflate prices, and we all suffer. Be as honest with your vendor as you would like him/her to be with you. If Vendor A is a nasty jerk, well then no sale, no matter what the price, but if they are decent and answered your questions and all, then I think we buyers need to be just as decent back. It seems only fair, to respond in kind.

As far as how that diamond looks, in person, I don't have a clue. Picture looks good, though.

Best of luck!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS looks good. Ask for them to pricematch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results