shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Ideal cut has same meaning as H & A?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Please let me know. Thanks!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not all ideal cut stones are considered hearts and arrows. True hearts and arrows cuts can be called super-ideal cut. Even though I do have H&A stones, I wouldn''t obsess over it. I''d be happy with almost any stone that fell within the ideal cut parameters.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, Ideal cut may not be H&A and a H&A may not be ideal cut.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. H&A is a type of precision cutting, some " Ideal Cut" diamonds may also be H&A or not as the case may be. A diamond may show distinct h&a yet not be a good optical performer ( sparkle etc) and you can find those without h&a patterning which may perform tremendously well. Also proceed with caution with the term Ideal Cut as this term can be used rather loosely and is no guarantee of a well cut diamond in all circumstances.

noneek

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your responses. This is all very helpful to me. I went to several B&M stores and they all can talk about color and clarity, but when it comes to cut, they all sort of stutter. So, this one lady from a B&M Store said that an ideal cut is whatever looks ideal to you.

My FI and I sort of gone backward. I found a stone I like online but he is not convinced, thus we make trips to B&M stores to see diamonds in person. I live in Los Angeles and we don''t have WF or Infinity diamond dealers around here. I love Infinity diamonds more since I saw the video posted in this forum.

Thanks for this explanation, will show these to my FI.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results