shape
carat
color
clarity

Is getting a mani good luck??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I got a mini manicure today at lunch, with clear polish... I'll be honest and say I thought that (in some wildly superstitious way) a mani might encourage fate to complete my impending proposal. I know it is completely daft but I am hanging by a thread at this point,
7.gif
Only 3 more day until my French family goes home and I would so love for them to share this time with me.
28.gif

Maybe my fav Ps'ers can sprinkle some dust my way???
35.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I'll pass on all the fairy dust I can! It's gotta be soon! I told my Fi your situation and he said "sometimes guys just need a good kick in the pants to get them moving"! So maybe it's time for one of those haha
9.gif

Keep your spirits up, i'm sure it'll happen before your family leaves. Your bf must know it's important to you to celebrate with them.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
LOL, thanks for the dusting...and for your FI''s tip! haha

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about a manicure, but I had acryllics put on right before I left for Virginia, and that seemed to work! (Why did I do that? WHY? They always look good for about a day.) FI thought I was silly at first, and then admitted that if he knew someone was about to buy him a motorcyle he''d probably go out and get a new helmet. hehe
I <3 him.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
The week before we left for the beach, I was crazy about keeping my nails nice a long. Strengtheners (I might have the weakest nails known to man), lotion, cuticle oils, etc.. I didn't know the proposal was coming, but I wanted my nails to be nice just in case. I guess it did work! Now, with the ring on, I want to keep my nails looking good, but I actually broke my ring finger one yesterday, and it's broken past the nail bed. Still don't know how that happened.. It's always better to be prepared...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
hopefully it brings good luck to you!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Ha ha. "SNAPS" Iwanna...

I was thinking the same thing just the other day. There is this gorgeous manicure place called French Pink in the retail part of my office building. I was seriously wondering whether getting a mani would improve my luck or whether it would jinx it!!

Lets hope its the former for you, so that you can get that damn ring on your finger!!
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just cut all of my nails short because I broke like 3 of them and I''m anal about them all being the same length. So I know things are going to happen in the next 2 weeks or so. Should I grow out my nails as long as I can in the next few weeks and then get a manicure the day after he pops the Q, or should I just get acrylics now? Oh the dilemma...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a whole ton of fairy dust coming your way, Iwanna! I love the idea of a mani as good luck--who knows, perhaps your expectations will push things in the right direction. And now that I''ve read this, I''m going to log off and go paint my own nails (even though they''ll be all chipped by day end tomorrow, damn chalk boards . . . )

Hudson--I''d skip the acrylics if I were you, unless you are sure you''ll be dedicated to keeping them up. I took my best friend for a mani the day after she was engaged and she got acrylics on a whim, and she really regretted it about a week later when she realized how much maintenance they truly were. My mother uses this polish called Daby Nail Hardener, I believe, and she swears by it. She used to have really brittle nails and now they are long and gorgeous. It''s worth a try, right?

Heck, here''s a dash of fairy dust to the entire LIW community! Maybe we''ll have 17 "I''M ENGAGED!!!!" posts by Monday!
27.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so! I made an appointment for a manicure around the time I thought we would get engaged (our 4 year anniversary) and my boyfriend proposed the day before my appointment!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 10:03:04 PM
Author: Haven
Heck, here''s a dash of fairy dust to the entire LIW community! Maybe we''ll have 17 ''I''M ENGAGED!!!!'' posts by Monday!
27.gif

Starting with iwannaprettyone!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for you this weekend over here in Ireland!!!
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I thought of polishing when I was expecting a ring a couple months ago, but thought it might look too obvious to everyone. But it really does complement the ring if your fingers are nicely manicured - especially for on-the-spot engagement photos!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 10:10:24 PM
Author: thing2of2
I think so! I made an appointment for a manicure around the time I thought we would get engaged (our 4 year anniversary) and my boyfriend proposed the day before my appointment!
I can see that happening to me!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Good lord no, that is the worst luck! To practically guarantee a proposal, simply bite your nails as short as possible, and make sure they look quite ragged. Just when you''d never want ANYONE looking at your hands, THAT''s when you''ll get a proposal and have to show them off
2.gif
2.gif

You know the other rule? If you go out and shave your legs, you''ll have no luck. But don''t shave them, and guys will be all over you, but you''ll be too embarrassed to have any sort of naked fun
31.gif
31.gif

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m happy to see other LIW think like me! I started getting manicures about two weeks ago. I''m horrible about biting my nails but if I''ve paid for a nice manicure it helps keep me away. BF noticed and commented so I told him exactly why I was doing it. I got an eye-roll (but in a nice way).
Anyway, I''ll be sending lots of luck your way...!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lindsey--Your post made me laugh so hard! It''s funny because it''s true! I especially like the term "naked fun"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results