shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Gemprint worth having done?

mlewisii

Rough_Rock
I've seen some old discussions on here about gemprinting, but they are all pretty old. I've already found out, that my insurance company does not offer a discount, so that can be ruled out. My jeweler is offering it for $85, because I didn't buy the stone from them. (Free if purchased from them) Do any of you recommend it? Is it a waste of $85?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
That's up to you. If you want to see how it stacks up to their light performance measurement then perhaps. I doubt it would aid much in the recovery of a stolen diamond.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't pay for it, especially if your diamond is not flawless or internally flawless.

Learn to identify your inclusions with a loupe.
They probably are plotted on your lab report.

What is the clarity grade of your diamond, and which lab issued the grading report?

mlewisii

Rough_Rock
My diamond is a VVS2 0.91 ct. Being under 1.00 ct, it does not have a GIA plot. (It does have an inscription) I purchased it from JA, and have not yet seen it in person. I will do an inspection as well as an independent appraisal, as soon as it gets here. As for what Slogen said, I didn't think a gemprint gave you light performance information. It's purely an identification tool. Is that correct?

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
If you look at their website they claim it also measures light performance but they don't really elaborate on the process so to me it's meaningless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results