shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Cartier Trinity ring OK for men?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphirepod

Rough_Rock
I keep wanting to buy one of those rings for DH, but I''ve only ever seen women here wearing them. Is that ring unisex enough for a guy? :) I don''t plan to get the thick one, it''s too much I''m sure he won''t want it. Oh and any tips on sizing? Should I maybe get half a size bigger than his usual ring or stick to the same size? TIA for any tips.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/21/2009 1:58:36 AM
Author: sapphirepod

I keep wanting to buy one of those rings for DH, but I've only ever seen women here wearing them. Is that ring unisex enough for a guy? :) I don't plan to get the thick one, it's too much I'm sure he won't want it. Oh and any tips on sizing? Should I maybe get half a size bigger than his usual ring or stick to the same size? TIA for any tips.
Earlier today I looked through several threads for the discussion on men and rolling rings that I remembered having seen, but I couldn't find it. Maybe someone else will remember where it was. I believe that whether this ring was appropriate for men was thoroughly hashed out in the thread that I cannot, now, find! Not that I am against its being done again!

In my opinion, a man should wear what he likes! Cartier seems to think that the ring is appropriate for men.

AGBF
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I would take him out and have him try one on. Last summer I wanted to get my DH a new ring and was convinced he''d "love" the Gehry Torque band designed for Tiffany--but he hated it! We ended up in Bulgari and bought the B-Zero ring. He still loves it!

cheers--Sharon

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I am a man so I am confronted with this kind of question all the time. In my personal opinion, it's an historical fact that men wear Cartier trinity rings, and it's perfectly OK for men to wear them. I don't want one, but I don't think there's any reason a man shouldn't wear one if that's what he wants to wear.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he likes it, he should wear it - that's always been my philosophy!

I'm not sure about the sizing issue. Hopefully trinity owners will weigh in on that - mine is not Cartier so the sizing would not be applicable to your situation!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just think jewelry is so personal, that it''s best to let him decide if he likes it. I don''t like jewelry surprises that I haven''t okayed, either!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:58:36 AM
Author:sapphirepod
I keep wanting to buy one of those rings for DH, but I''ve only ever seen women here wearing them. Is that ring unisex enough for a guy? :) I don''t plan to get the thick one, it''s too much I''m sure he won''t want it. Oh and any tips on sizing? Should I maybe get half a size bigger than his usual ring or stick to the same size? TIA for any tips.
Interesting enough this question comes up alot on this forum...This style of ring is unisex and has always been offered for men by many jewelry companies...Cartier,Tiffany,...in the early 1990s quality wedding ring manufactors like Benchmark,Artcarved and Goldman offered tri-gold trinity rings in their catologs for both women and men...I own and wear 5 trinity style rings on a regular basis...I like them a little larger because they do take up a little more space on the finger.

carabella

Shiny_Rock
I had a male boss that wore a Cartier trinity as his wedding band, a large guy and it looked manly on him....if your DH has nice big man hands, I think it will look great!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
I also had a male boss who has the trinity ring as his wedding ring. he''s a fairly small jewish guy and it looked good on him as well.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Wore an 18 karat tri-color trinity band to church services today.Its one of my favorite pawn shop finds.( around14grams in weight and paid a whopping $49.00)

mochi

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I have one. It looks really good on him.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you DH likes the style of the ring, then by all means he should get one. I have never seen a man wearing one before, but that doesn''t meant that it would not look good on your man.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Today I was in a book store and noticed a book for men on how to dress well.I went to the jewelry,watch and cufflink section and the author mentioned that the best rings for men were simple and plain...signet ring,gold wedding band,one stone ring, and there was a picture of actor Gary Cooper in the 1930s wearing a trinity style ring on his little finger.Very appropriate and masculine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results