shape
carat
color
clarity

Is bluenile a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenzos

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy a 1.3ct oval diamond from Bluenile, like the service and the 30 day return, how much of a premium do you think they charge over
other internet retailers?

thanks..Kenzo

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kenzos,

Blue nile is a very popular website and is listed here
on pricescope.

I could not speculate as to the price structure,
but to get an idea where you stand, perhaps you should
compare their prices to others listed on pricescope.

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

jetcaptain

Rough_Rock
I can't answer the question you asked directly, but I can suggest a web site where you can do some comparison shopping on your own. Because I have been looking for an oval recently too, I know that you can find several in that size range at www.goodoldgold.com, along with lots of pictures and related information. Of the ovals presented, I have own opinion of which one is the best value, but I'll keep that to myself for now. It's your opinion that matters, not mine. I just read a glowing testimonial on this forum from a Good Old Gold customer. Jonathan must be doing something right! :>) As it turns out, I did not buy my diamond there. But that doesn't mean there aren't some beauties there, because there are. It's certainly seems like a reasonable place to go and look around. Best of luck!

student

Shiny_Rock
Bluenile seems to be a good, safe, choice. However, you can get much better prices. Bluenile's are high to start with, and I doubt they will haggle much.

It all depends on your individual needs, but I think for most people getting an independent appraisal to be sure your diamond checks out OK and then having a 7-10 day return period would be just as good as a 30 day return period.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I see Blue Nile as the worst deal out there. If you're going to buy online, at least do it because you're getting the best price. Blue Nile is no cheaper than good brick and mortar stores. It's reasonably priced compared to what you'd pay in a real store, and they have decent service overall, but if you're shopping online you'll save about 25% over Blue Nile if you use PriceScope and do a lot of looking. The quality of Blue Nile diamonds is certainly no different than any other PriceScope vendor. If you do use Blue Nile, search hard for a coupon -- they recently had a 10% coupon floating around the net that may still be valid (but that should say a lot about their margins). As to negotiating, they don't -- I tried. I'm a pretty good negotiatior (economics background), and got almost nowhere. I even gave them the "I want this ring and will buy it right now if you throw in a setting" and I got nothing. $12000 ring, and they wouldn't throw in a $300 setting. And they didn't get the sale. And it's a good thing, because I kept looking and eventually found PriceScope and the brokers.

When you're looking online, Blue Nile is a great resource to check against to see if you're getting a good deal (because unlike the brokers, their prices are fairly standardized/consistent), and for good tutorial information.

kenzos

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for the replies so far. I am also looking at engagementringsdirect.com - which looks good and have some nice ring designs. I'll keep searching and hope for the best!!!!
thanks...kenzos...:))

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: All I have to say is that you should shop the net before you make your descison, many of the sites have free gifts if you buy from them as incentives, also it would be wise for you not to buy in your own state as you can save the sales tax.
bottom line______ Shop and Compare!!!

diamondsman
www.buydiamonddirect.com:))

sturkiej

Rough_Rock
It is almost assured that you can beat Blue Niles prices at other venders if you choose the internet. I don't really agree with the statement that the prices are comparable to B&M stores. I bought a pear from Blue Nile a few weeks ago, I looked at a very very similar diamond at a local B&M that was $2200 more than what I paid Blue Nile. Yep! $2200!! I think they have the occasional deal b/c I beat the prices on Pricescope, for comparable diamonds, by about $200 so I feel like I got a pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results