shape
carat
color
clarity

is blue nile safe enough for not getting an ind appraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jose

Rough_Rock
I just recently bought a fantastic round diamond from blue nile. It is set in an engagement ring (yes, I´m taking the plunge). Should I go now and unset the diamond to get it checked?. I have the GIA report and an appraisal from Blue Nile. Since I havent´heard any bad comments regarding BN´s reputation, I am wondering if it is worth a double check? ( I travel all the times and the appraiser is 45 min drive from home)
Thanks,
Jose

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Based on what I've heard on the forum, an appraiser should be able to verify the stone set. They won't be able to a lot of detailed measurements with it set, but enough to verify that it is the stone in the cert. I'm guessing the appraiser could answer you better on this.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Regardless of who you purchase your diamond from, on-line or in a traditional Brick & Mortar environment, we recommend that you have the diamond verified and appraised by an independent GIA Graduate Gemologist. We make the same recommendation to our clients when they are buying their diamond from us... It's just good common sense and the peace of mind is well worth the minimal expense. Refer to the "appraisers" link located in the upper right hand corner of this page for a reference to the appraisers in your area.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with niceice. If you're going to spend $10k on a diamond, you can spend a hundred or so on an independent appraisal no matter where you bought the stone. Don't be pennywise and pound-foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results