clarity

Is anybody watching this?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1487286561|4129933 said:
JoCoJenn|1487285643|4129922 said:
AGBF|1487283337|4129899 said:
Some people will not ever see that Trump is flawed.

AGBF

And many are so focused on negativity that they refuse to ever see anything good in someone

I wonder how much insurance runs all these perfect people for their glass houses.

That's a really great point, Jenn. I think I will cease making any negative comments about anyone, since the world should always be a sunny place. No one actually needs critical thinking. Another good point is that only perfect people should be able to think and critique others...that will nicely limit the number of people in the world who think and speak or write. Surely that is beneficial! The fewer who think, the better!

Thanks for the tip on how we can all live better!

Deb :wavey:

Thank you, Deb. To assume that unless someone is perfect they cannot critique others is rediculous. I freely admit to being a flawed human being (as we all are), but that has no bearing on my ability to watch this train wreck and see that we have a mentally unstable, petulant, underqualified piece of trash in the WH.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

And many are so focused on negativity that they refuse to ever see anything good in someone

I wonder how much insurance runs all these perfect people for their glass houses.

That's a really great point, Jenn. I think I will cease making any negative comments about anyone, since the world should always be a sunny place. No one actually needs critical thinking. Another good point is that only perfect people should be able to think and critique others...that will nicely limit the number of people in the world who think and speak or write. Surely that is beneficial! The fewer who think, the better!

Deb, Are they saying anymore regarding the Russian sub today? Little mention of it here on Chicago News.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1487286909|4129940 said:

AGBF

Deb, Are they saying anymore regarding the Russian sub today? Little mention of it here on Chicago News.

Yes. This is a story from this morning's news. Thanks for asking. :wavey:

"ABC News has confirmed that a Russian spy ship is now 30 miles south of New London, Connecticut, where a U.S. Navy submarine base is located.

The Viktor Leonov, a Russian intelligence gathering ship, had been making its way north along the East Coast of the United States. The vessel was 70 miles off the coast of Delaware Monday and is currently located off the coast of eastern Long Island.

U.S. officials have said that the spy ship was likely headed to a location near Connecticut in international waters, where it could be close to the submarine base in New London. U.S. territorial waters extend 12 miles from shore to the vessel.

'A Russian spy ship patrolling 30 miles from the Groton SUBASE underscores that the threats posed by a resurgent Russia are real,' said Congressman Joe Courtney, ranking member of the Seapower and Projection Forces Subcommittee. 'This unacceptable, aggressive action, combined with the buzzing of US Navy ships in the Red Sea yesterday are clearly testing the resolve of a new administration. While I have total confidence in our Navy's vigilant, responsible readiness, the White House needs to move past their seeming infatuation with Putin and treat him like the serious threat to global peace and security that he has been for the last five years.'

According to a U.S. official, the Leonov is currently 'loitering' about 30 miles south of New London, equipped with communications and signal intelligence gathering equipment. The ship is not believed to be a threat to national security, but many view its presence as an indication that Russian President Vladimir Putin is pushing the envelope."

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The world isn't always sunny, but to hear some of you talk, it's more doom & gloom on here than what even the MSM portrays.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1487286574|4129934 said:
JoCoJenn|1487282317|4129895 said:
Dee*Jay|1487279957|4129872 said:
DONE! (Ignore the ruler, that pic was taken for reference a while ago for someone who wanted to know about size.)

Bye mom and dad -- you belong to Jenn now! :wavey:

:lol: I just realized I called it a 'roaster' vs. 'roadster'. :oops:

Mine just called to talk about the news conference. You know how well that went.... Dad did admit Trump needed to tone things down a little.

To make this a little more fair for Jenn we also need to throw in a couple dinners out by herself a few times a month, and lots of wine!
Lets face it DeeJay and Katharath, if we were stuck with these 3 dads at once, we wouldn't survive the first night. I need to run to the safety deposit box to see what I can send Jenn.

Ya know what I love doing that gets my dad riled up - right as we are about to hang up, I would say something like "GOOOOOO to jail, Hillary" or "Gooooo Ted Cruz", and he would mumble something as I hung up. You could always use the same for Chump with your conservative family members. :D

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, He agrees to not discuss politics and within 10 minutes he starts. He just can't help himself. If I said that I would push him right over the edge. I have been telling him that he is going to have a heart attack and I don't want to spend the rest of my life feeling quilty if he does.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1487295057|4129995 said:
Jenn, He agrees to not discuss politics and within 10 minutes he starts. He just can't help himself. If I said that I would push him right over the edge. I have been telling him that he is going to have a heart attack and I don't want to spend the rest of my life feeling quilty if he does.

My dad is the exact same stinking way! :lol: He will start going on about something political, I let him ramble for 10 mins, and just when I am about to get my turn to chime in, he goes "and I don't want to argue about it so let's change the subject." Oh HAYYYLLLL NAW! :hand: :lol:

He calls me daily for the betting lines on sports games (he doesn't do the Internet), so I make him listen to me ramble for 5 -10 mins about politics in response before I give him the lines. It's like the time share briefing you have to endure to get the free weekend stay. :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1487297087|4130003 said:
Calliecake|1487295057|4129995 said:

My dad is the exact same stinking way! :lol: He will start going on about something political, I let him ramble for 10 mins, and just when I am about to get my turn to chime in, he goes "and I don't want to argue about it so let's change the subject." Oh HAYYYLLLL NAW! :hand: :lol:

He calls me daily for the betting lines on sports games (he doesn't do the Internet), so I make him listen to me ramble for 5 -10 mins about politics in response before I give him the lines. It's like the time share briefing you have to endure to get the free weekend stay. :D

The irony here is that I DO have to endure a time share briefing thanks to my dad! The place where I visit him for that one weekend a year is at a time share in Orlando (Orlando?!? WTF? Both he and his wife hate kids...???) and we HAVE to sit through the "meeting" every year so we can get the free Disney tickets (or whatever). It's horrible. My ex-husband (a gentle soul if ever there was one) would start fretting about the time share meeting MONTHS in advance of our trip every year. Poor Bill, he's probably glad to be rid of me just for THAT (well... OK... there may have been other things too... :cheeky: ).

Jenn, about the "roaster," given all that we have to endure I'm going to buy you a crock pot too! :bigsmile:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1487297584|4130007 said:
The irony here is that I DO have to endure a time share briefing thanks to my dad! The place where I visit him for that one weekend a year is at a time share in Orlando (Orlando?!? WTF? Both he and his wife hate kids...???) and we HAVE to sit through the "meeting" every year so we can get the free Disney tickets (or whatever). It's horrible. My ex-husband (a gentle soul if ever there was one) would start fretting about the time share meeting MONTHS in advance of our trip every year. Poor Bill, he's probably glad to be rid of me just for THAT (well... OK... there may have been other things too... :cheeky: ).

Jenn, about the "roaster," given all that we have to endure I'm going to buy you a crock pot too! :bigsmile:

Those timeshare meetings are terrible, I've heard. I think South Park did a skit on them once. :lol:

I'm good on crock pots & cookware; just the watch will be fine. :naughty: I actually love that watch so much, but couldn't bring myself to $pring for one, and went with an Invicta model that was similar, as well as a Bulova that is similar to the ballon bleu. I am super tough on everyday watches, so I can't really justify sinking money into them. I will keep yours in the safe, and reserve it just for special occasions. :D

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, The time share comment is hysterical!! if you can keep our dads happy you more than deserve a nice watch. You are the daughter my dad WISHES he had! Although he does appreciate me when there is a crisis and with his wife and her kids, there is always a crisis!

I get frustrated with him because he hated Trump when he was campaigning. He wanted Rubio. Now he acts like Trump is wonderful.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up with a headache at 4:00 AM and needed to take medication. This had me actually laughing!!! If you bother to read it through, you will, too. (Unless you are one of those who sees The Emperor in resplendant garments, perhaps.) It combines the best of the best.

Talk Show Hosts on The Press Conference...https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/02/17/words-fail-me-colbert-and-other-late-night-hosts-skewer-trumps-news-conference/?tid=pm_pop&utm_term=.1b4b158723f4

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I'm late to the party, but I want to put in my two cents. We have as our President, a man who thinking processes are almost non-existent. This situation reminds me of that wonderful movie, The Gardener, (I think that's the name). The gardener is mistaken for a powerful leader, but makes simple explanations for the problems under discussion(I forgot the details). I keep waiting for Trump to turn into Peter Sellers role as the Gardener. No such luck.

It was scary again yesterday when I heard him talk. I did laugh , with a real belly laugh, when someone made comments about the speech. When I laugh like that I know its a bad sign. I did that when Rubio did his skit and I never believed Trump could be our President. I'm wondering what is in store for us with this really ill and stupid man. God help us.

I always have to balance things out with--not all his policies are bad--some are good. But having this man in charge is untenable.

He's going back on the campaign trail for 2020.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At what point should we start worrying? When the Russians land on our shores?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read reports (not sure how reputable they are) stating Trump is already getting ready for next election. This is something he is focusing on, as if there is nothing else going on in the world to work on or be concerned about. I found that funny considering he considers himself to have inherited such a mess from Obama.

For grins my husband and I watched some of Fox News last night. They were thrilled with his press conference. Do these morons not realize that they are also the media? Oh how stupid of me, I keep forgetting about the whole alternative facts thing Fox loves to report.
If the right really liked how he acted at this press conference and the things he said, what kind of country are we really living in. I felt like this press conference was the presidential Jerry Springer show.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Presidential campaigning is constant. Of course he's looking ahead - as is whoever else plans to run for office.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1487358181|4130183 said:
I have read reports (not sure how reputable they are) stating Trump is already getting ready for next election. This is something he is focusing on, as if there is nothing else going on in the world to work on or be concerned about. I found that funny considering he considers himself to have inherited such a mess from Obama.

For grins my husband and I watched some of Fox News last night. They were thrilled with his press conference. Do these morons not realize that they are also the media? Oh how stupid of me, I keep forgetting about the whole alternative facts thing Fox loves to report.
If the right really liked how he acted at this press conference and the things he said, what kind of country are we really living in. I felt like this press conference was the presidential Jerry Springer show.

I would think the reactions from both sides would be obvious.

If you did not like Trump before you still hate him.

And if you were a Trump supporter then this was Typical Trump from when he was still campaigning.

But if you are more of a moderate then you try to get past the theatrics and try to see if what accomplishments he has made in the less then 1 month since he was elected.

Whether you want to accept it or not he explained why he fired Flynn.

Unlike Obama who clued the enemy in on every move he was going to make I applaud that Trump was evasive in how he was dealing with the Russian sub.

I was very happy to see his press conference with the Israeli prime minister.

I liked what he is doing for the coal miners.

Jobs are coming back to this country.

Three more precious children shot dead in Chicago. Obama did nothing to stop this. I hope to see Trump act on his promise to clamp down if TPTB do not do something about the gangs there.

And now I am curious to see how he turns around health care now with Humana dropping out and Aetna probably soon to follow, that it is obvious Obama Care is no longer sustainable.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1487353479|4130163 said:
Hi All,

I'm late to the party, but I want to put in my two cents. We have as our President, a man who thinking processes are almost non-existent. This situation reminds me of that wonderful movie, The Gardener, (I think that's the name). The gardener is mistaken for a powerful leader, but makes simple explanations for the problems under discussion(I forgot the details). I keep waiting for Trump to turn into Peter Sellers role as the Gardener. No such luck.

It was scary again yesterday when I heard him talk. I did laugh , with a real belly laugh, when someone made comments about the speech. When I laugh like that I know its a bad sign. I did that when Rubio did his skit and I never believed Trump could be our President. I'm wondering what is in store for us with this really ill and stupid man. God help us.

I always have to balance things out with--not all his policies are bad--some are good. But having this man in charge is untenable.

Annette

Truly well said .. I know I am a flaming liberal, but I had hoped that Trump would see he lost the popular vote and try to appease the left (not the deep left mind you) the middle left, just a supreme court nominee like Garland or Souter).. I had hoped his health plan would be better so far.. no.. the only way the left and right can get together is the middle. We all have to give a bit.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1487364190|4130221 said:
Hi All,

Annette

Truly well said .. I know I am a flaming liberal, but I had hoped that Trump would see he lost the popular vote and try to appease the left (not the deep left mind you) the middle left, just a supreme court nominee like Garland or Souter).. I had hoped his health plan would be better so far.. no.. the only way the left and right can get together is the middle. We all have to give a bit.

I wonder how many running for the Presidency in the future are going to realize that it is the Electoral votes that win you the election and campaign accordingly.

Trying to appease the left - one would think the President has better things to accomplish like jobs, the safety of this country and healthcare.

And I am glad he did not compromise but picked the picked the best candidate for Supreme court judge.

Judging by this board alone, there is no appeasing some people. Glad he is not wasting time trying.

We do not need another PC empty suit running this country.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

The Press Conference was incoherent.

Ruby, did you see or hear how he answered the question from I think, a Jewish newpaper about increased attacks on Jews in the US.?????? This is the President you keep supporting.

MomHappy, you had me a bit worried there. My thought was, so what?, SO What? Are you kidding? Sure, politicians are usually mindful of their constituents, as most of them re-run every two yrs, but I cannot remember a Pres. who calls for a rally 4 weeks into his election. He needs the applause to keep going. He has not come forward with any legislation, which is usually what Pres do initially. Actually, I read Obama initiated more Pres. Orders than Trump as well. Several Agencies are waiting for policy decisions from him. He doesn't know what his job is?

I see you modified your post.

Annette

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, about the coal miner thing: (I know everyone hates) Former President Carter just installed around 3800 solar panels in his hometown so it can be powered by solar energy. He installed the first solar panels at the White House in 1979. Reagan, of course, removed them. Why can't America ever see the bigger picture and figure out that we can provide jobs by embracing renewable energy like solar? Phase out coal energy and phase in solar, etc. thereby creating more jobs?

Climate change is actually a thing. To see a whole bunch of people denying it is like what it must have felt like for Copernicus, et al hundreds of years ago when people refused to believe the earth was round. I am all for moderation in life in almost every aspect, but I am NOT for continuing to leech from this planet and keep polluting it. (These are general thoughts, Ruby, not directed personally at you.)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
smitcompton|1487367186|4130247 said:
Hi,

Ruby, did you see or hear how he answered the question from I think, a Jewish newpaper about increased attacks on Jews in the US.?????? This is the President you keep supporting.

MomHappy, you had me a bit worried there. My thought was, so what?, SO What? Are you kidding? Sure, politicians are usually mindful of their constituents, as most of them re-run every two yrs, but I cannot remember a Pres. who calls for a rally 4 weeks into his election. He needs the applause to keep going. He has not come forward with any legislation, which is usually what Pres do initially. Actually, I read Obama initiated more Pres. Orders than Trump as well. Several Agencies are waiting for policy decisions from him. He doesn't know what his job is?

Annette

I saw that. And I can understand why he acted this way. How many times is he going to have to answer the question on whether or not he is anti semite?

And that reporter was interviewed afterwards and understood as well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487367386|4130252 said:
Hi,

Annette

I saw that. And I can understand why he acted this way. How many times is he going to have to answer the question on whether or not he is anti semite?

That wasn't what the reporter asked him, ruby. In no way did the reporter imply that Trump was anti-semitic. The frightening thing is that Trump "heard" an accusation where none was made then attacked an innocent man. Moreover, Mr. Turx has been criticized by some members of the Jewish community for being too understanding of Donald Trump's attack. See the thread I started on Jake Turx to see some of the reaction among Jews (it is mixed).

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1487428684|4130456 said:
Hi,

Annette

That wasn't what the reporter asked him, ruby. In no way did the reporter imply that Trump was anti-semitic. The frightening thing is that Trump "heard" an accusation where none was made then attacked an innocent man. Moreover, Mr. Turx has been criticized by some members of the Jewish community for being too understanding of Donald Trump's attack. See the thread I started on Jake Turx to see some of the reaction among Jews (it is mixed).

And also see my reply where he understood why Trump acted this way

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1487429709|4130464 said:
Hi,

Annette

I thought that I had read and understood all your replies already, ruby. I read all of them. Wasn't your main point that Trump has gotten tired of answering the same question (whether he is anti-semitic) so many times? I am saying that this reporter was not asking him that question, and that Trump should not "hear" accusations when someone mentions an attack on Jews.

Did I miss something you said?

Deb

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the justification and normalization of having the top elected office being filled by a person with zero emotional control, moves apace.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

Annette

This is exactly the issue I have had all along, he is an irrational idiot, in this to line his own pockets, who never deserved to be elected leader of the free world. Most countries don't trust him, and a lot of Americans don't trust him. Nor should you. People seem to think me asking the questions that explain why this happened is pointless because they already have lists of answers, it's true there are exponential theories, many worth reading on the internet for why Trump won and why the Dems lost.

For me, the blame game is over, instead perhaps it would be better if we all reflect why you allowed this despicable person to get to where he is. The truth is the conservatives are at fault for putting him there, and the liberals are even more at fault for creating a situation or set of circumstances, where people felt such hopelessness that this was the very best option. And when conservatives attack me as being one sided, or when liberals say why do I want to listen to the other side anyway, it's not about sides any more - history is going to remember this as a time when you ALL lost your way. .....

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Yes, Arkie, we well may have lost our way. I think of Humpty Dumpty who may never be put back again. Far right and far left leave me cold. I sense we will only continue to get candidates who represent those positions. I hope I am wrong.

I am glad to see you posting again, even if it was just a brief absence.

Annette

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1487430357|4130465 said:
ruby59|1487429709|4130464 said:
Hi,

Annette

I thought that I had read and understood all your replies already, ruby. I read all of them. Wasn't your main point that Trump has gotten tired of answering the same question (whether he is anti-semitic) so many times? I am saying that this reporter was not asking him that question, and that Trump should not "hear" accusations when someone mentions an attack on Jews.

Did I miss something you said?

Deb

I am saying that the President snapping as this reporter was an unfortunate reaction to the awful way the press is treating him.

Did you see the report in that left wing paper accusing the President of having STDs and that is why he is acting this way.

When you are treated so badly by the press, and polls have shown that people trust Trump more then they do the press, then this is an unfortunate consequence.

I also feel that may be that reporter should have rehearsed his question a bit to make it more coherent.

But what I am trying to bring across is that once again people are using this as an excuse to say Trump is anti semite. Now Trump was terse with all the reporters, so why single this one reporter out?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, MOST of us do not view the press as treating the President badly. I find it comically that you said this. It is his job to ask tough questions from the press. If he can't handle that, which clearly he can't, he should have never taken the job. We should all be grateful we have a press that does their jobs and asks the tough questions. The President handled himself terribly in his last press conference. It was embarrassing to watch.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1487452235|4130576 said:
Ruby, MOST of us do not view the press as treating the President badly. I find it comically that you said this. It is his job to ask tough questions from the press. If he can't handle that, which clearly he can't, he should have never taken the job. We should all be grateful we have a press that does their jobs and asks the tough questions. The President handled himself terribly in his last press conference. It was embarrassing to watch.

I have read much of what the progressive press has said about him.

What you call tough questions, I find that no one would have dared to speak to Obama like that.

As far as the "most of us" if you are referring to this board, then you need to come out into the light and read other political message boards as well.

They do not speak in the same absolutes that you love to repeat to people like me who have a different opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results