shape
carat
color
clarity

is acceptable a rating?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtnclimber69

Rough_Rock
Hey, do any of you know enough about table and percentages to tell me what is acceptable for a princess cut diamond... and here is the tricky part, in PLAIN english... what does it all mean basil?

Anyway, I am in the market for a princess cut diamond and like most people in a recession am not cash rich but have a limited budget, of course the future wife wants something in the 1.0 or larger carat size... go figure.

help me please...:lickout:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mtnclimber69...

I'd say "acceptable" depends on the personal taste and price. You might want to see different diamonds and pick the one you like within your budged.

Some people say however that one should avoid princess with table and depth over 75%.

[/u]

mtnclimber69

Rough_Rock
Hey Leonid,

Thanks the basic parameter helps. I also find a huge disparity in the dealers I talk to... some of whom think SI2-H is acceptable and some who think nothing less than VS-F is worth buying.

Hard to know what's right!

Also are there any tricks to buying a princess cut sight unseen from an internet seller? Should I focus on dimensions? How can I know I will not get screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results