Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a PSer getting one of these rings?

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
544
The Mege set was someone here who proposed and it didn't work out.....Shadowmaker might be his name? His thread is up on SMTB. It's gorgeous and I absolutely would have snatched it up for my replacement if the eternity had been sizeable (I needed a size 5).

The OEC is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Just a wow stone and an awesome size!! What a lucky person that gets it!
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
nfowife|1305165288|2919285 said:
The Mege set was someone here who proposed and it didn't work out.....Shadowmaker might be his name? His thread is up on SMTB. It's gorgeous and I absolutely would have snatched it up for my replacement if the eternity had been sizeable (I needed a size 5).

The OEC is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Just a wow stone and an awesome size!! What a lucky person that gets it!


That OEC would be mine if I just had enough funds :errrr:
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
the MEGE set is :shock: gorgeous!!! I love it! Oh, and I would love to know what PSer is getting the OEC, if any.
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
That looks like softly softly's OEC ring! One of my favourites!
 

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
723
bright ice|1305165470|2919290 said:
nfowife|1305165288|2919285 said:
The Mege set was someone here who proposed and it didn't work out.....Shadowmaker might be his name? His thread is up on SMTB. It's gorgeous and I absolutely would have snatched it up for my replacement if the eternity had been sizeable (I needed a size 5).

The OEC is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Just a wow stone and an awesome size!! What a lucky person that gets it!


That OEC would be mine if I just had enough funds :errrr:
Likewise :((
 

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
2,047
I had my eyes on mege set for awhile but don't have the money for it ~ :blackeye:
 

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
605
Dreamer is spot on it - the OEC is mine! It's lovely to see how many of you have admired it. It really is/was a gorgeous ring and I have enjoyed owning it. A combination of restlessness and access to some extra $$$ has allowed me think of uprgrading and thus I decided to pass it on and I hope it's new owner enjoys it as much as I have. I have no idea if the new owner is a PSer, but I do know they have elected to buy the stone without the setting so I will have to come up with a good idea for the setting :naughty:
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
softly softly|1305192340|2919499 said:
Dreamer is spot on it - the OEC is mine! It's lovely to see how many of you have admired it. It really is/was a gorgeous ring and I have enjoyed owning it. A combination of restlessness and access to some extra $$$ has allowed me think of uprgrading and thus I decided to pass it on and I hope it's new owner enjoys it as much as I have. I have no idea if the new owner is a PSer, but I do know they have elected to buy the stone without the setting so I will have to come up with a good idea for the setting :naughty:
Thanks for responding softly softly. I would have bought it myself but my ring that I just consigned with JBEG may take a while to sell and I will have to wait for the funds. :$$):

It truly is a lovely stone. I hate I missed it. ;( I want an OEC BAD
 

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
6,521
I have been drooling over the OEC too softly softly, but my ring just went up for consignment with JbEG, so I have to wait til the funds come in to purchase something new....grrrr...
 

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
874
It's me!!! I'm getting the OEC :appl:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted but I have lurked for quite a few months here and really can't thank PS'ers enough for all your knowledge and the advice you post, you have no idea how much you helped.
Thank you softly softly, I promise I'll take great care of this beauty! I'm absolutely in love with it!
This whole journey has been a long story, I'll post it when I get the ring finally and post pictures (I'm looking at getting the setting done by Leon) but I stumbled on your stone whilst missing out on a pair of earrings from JbEG and discovering your stone in the hunt for an alternate pair.
Fate is a funny thing, I didn't get the earrings I initially wanted but I feel so incredibly lucky to have discovered your stone in the process...we gave up a stone we already had chosen and our deposit on it, but I know it's worth it, I couldn't be happier!

I promise to post pics, you'll be seeing her again!
 

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
24,364
yennyfire|1305200487|2919529 said:
I have been drooling over the OEC too softly softly, but my ring just went up for consignment with JbEG, so I have to wait til the funds come in to purchase something new....grrrr...
Yenny, that diamond is very large, am not sure it would have accomplished your goal! :))
 

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
1,036
I love this, it is almost like passing down family jewels when you know the provenance of your stone. I too have been lurking on the JbEG site and just missed the Leon cushion that was on the site a few weeks ago by days :( It went to someone else while I was hesitating. She who hesitates is lost they say. :(( However good things come to those who wait they also say and I have my eye on another, but I am waiting for my brother to liquidate my moms estate and he is being a real stinker. I am getting some cash that my husband wants me to spend on me :appl: So I will finally get my engagement ring replaced after all these years, and hopefully in time for my 32nd wedding anniversay in June!!! In the mean time I lurk on the site and pray my choice is not snapped up.
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
maplefemme|1305207987|2919591 said:
It's me!!! I'm getting the OEC :appl:
Hi everyone, I haven't posted but I have lurked for quite a few months here and really can't thank PS'ers enough for all your knowledge and the advice you post, you have no idea how much you helped.
Thank you softly softly, I promise I'll take great care of this beauty! I'm absolutely in love with it!
This whole journey has been a long story, I'll post it when I get the ring finally and post pictures (I'm looking at getting the setting done by Leon) but I stumbled on your stone whilst missing out on a pair of earrings from JbEG and discovering your stone in the hunt for an alternate pair.
Fate is a funny thing, I didn't get the earrings I initially wanted but I feel so incredibly lucky to have discovered your stone in the process...we gave up a stone we already had chosen and our deposit on it, but I know it's worth it, I couldn't be happier!

I promise to post pics, you'll be seeing her again!
Congratulations!!
 

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
874
Thank you softly softly, I really am thrilled to be getting it as the centre stone for my engagement ring.
I agree with Elisateach, it's like passing family jewels down and knowing the provenance. I didn't know this stone was from a PS'er and it's nice to know it's former owner.
Softly softly, do you know any history on the stone? Just merely for my curiosity....

I should clarify, the stone we bought prior was not from JbEG but from a local dealer in Calgary, Canada.
It was a modified brilliant cushion and we bought it before discovering Pricescope. Turns out it didn't have great light performance and when we watched a few of Jonathan's (GOG) videos on cushions we didn't feel so confident in our purchase.
When I discovered your stone, softly softly, I knew I had to get it, even if it meant forfeiting our deposit on the other stone (thankfully my other half has the patience and understanding of a saint!) I know this was the best decision, it's beautiful.
 

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
874
Thank you bright ice :D
When I called and asked Grace about the earrings I wanted on her site, she told me they had just sold a couple of days prior and I thought "nooooooo, I shouldn't have hesitated!" so I know what you mean when it comes to loosing out on an item you have been eyeing :(sad
When I found the OEC the other evening, I called her right away and said "sorry for calling late but PLEASE tell me this isn't sold?!" Grace is wonderful, professional and very kind...a great experience all round.
 

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
6,521
Many congrats Maplefemme! It is stunning! Which setting style do you plan to set it in??
 

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
874
Thank you yennyfire!
I'm thinking of a cutdown pave band, pave on the basket and yet no doughnut, I want to modify that part IF he's open to my idea. I need to draw something up to show him. It would just mean slightly modifying one of his existing designs, which he may or may not like :confused:
I'd like double claw prongs. I wonder if you can give me your thoughts on band width? I want something delicate, on the first stone I picked it was a 2ct cushion and I was going to get a 1.6-1.7mm band with melée around 1.5mm, minimal metal showing etc. I'm not sure if this size would work with this size stone? I know Leon is great with proportion, I'd like to get your thoughts on it too before I contact him.
Thanks in advance :)
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
maplefemme|1305217871|2919731 said:
Thank you bright ice :D
When I called and asked Grace about the earrings I wanted on her site, she told me they had just sold a couple of days prior and I thought "nooooooo, I shouldn't have hesitated!" so I know what you mean when it comes to loosing out on an item you have been eyeing :(sad
When I found the OEC the other evening, I called her right away and said "sorry for calling late but PLEASE tell me this isn't sold?!" Grace is wonderful, professional and very kind...a great experience all round.
Totally agree. Yes Grace is wonderful. I have 2 things on consignment with them now.
 

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
509
Does anyone know how much the Leon Mege set was going for? Just curious. I just saw it in this post and was totally blown away by it. Ended up tracking down the original post to read up on the whole story. WHAT a pretty set!!!
 

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
19,132
OCgirl|1305228781|2919929 said:
Does anyone know how much the Leon Mege set was going for? Just curious. I just saw it in this post and was totally blown away by it. Ended up tracking down the original post to read up on the whole story. WHAT a pretty set!!!
it still show's up on their site, all they at the bottom..

http://jewelsbyericagrace.com/modern_and_estate_jewelry_page_2
 

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
509
mrssalvo|1305229410|2919933 said:
OCgirl|1305228781|2919929 said:
Does anyone know how much the Leon Mege set was going for? Just curious. I just saw it in this post and was totally blown away by it. Ended up tracking down the original post to read up on the whole story. WHAT a pretty set!!!
it still show's up on their site, all they at the bottom..

http://jewelsbyericagrace.com/modern_and_estate_jewelry_page_2
I obviously don't know how to navigate that site very well! Thanks for the info!
 

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
May 12, 2011
Messages
874
Bright ice, I dare not ask what you have, she has so many beautiful items on her site right now, I don't need encouraging :naughty:
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,471
yennyfire|1305200487|2919529 said:
I have been drooling over the OEC too softly softly, but my ring just went up for consignment with JbEG, so I have to wait til the funds come in to purchase something new....grrrr...
So you decided to sell your new wedding set? I thought you loved it! Any plans for something new?
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,086
MissGotRocks|1305249478|2920211 said:
yennyfire|1305200487|2919529 said:
I have been drooling over the OEC too softly softly, but my ring just went up for consignment with JbEG, so I have to wait til the funds come in to purchase something new....grrrr...
So you decided to sell your new wedding set? I thought you loved it! Any plans for something new?
No not selling it, but I am resetting my center stone with Victor Canera in a setting with French cuts almost like Angietaren's. Putting a light pink spinel cut by Jeff White in the current setting.

I just listed an Emerald Cut ring and a Tsavorite halo ring with them.
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,805
Congratulations, maplefemme! I can't wait to see your new ring! I have a Leon solitaire and the shank is about 1.8mm. There has been considerable discussion on the forum about the risks of too thin rings. One of our members had a thinner ring and her stone came loose from the thin prongs. So I would urge you to go with 1.8mm and the corresponding proportions for the head of the ring to keep your diamond and setting safe!
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,471
bright ice|1305250861|2920240 said:
MissGotRocks|1305249478|2920211 said:
yennyfire|1305200487|2919529 said:
I have been drooling over the OEC too softly softly, but my ring just went up for consignment with JbEG, so I have to wait til the funds come in to purchase something new....grrrr...
So you decided to sell your new wedding set? I thought you loved it! Any plans for something new?
No not selling it, but I am resetting my center stone with Victor Canera in a setting with French cuts almost like Angietaren's. Putting a light pink spinel cut by Jeff White in the current setting.

I just listed an Emerald Cut ring and a Tsavorite halo ring with them.
BrightIce I know you are resetting your stone - can't wait to see the finished ring! Those French cuts are absolutely gorgeous!!

I was surprised that Yenny was selling her new ring - I thought she had decided to keep it. I was just wondering what she had planned next!
 

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
605
maplefemme I'm so excited for you and so pleased that this OEC will be going to such a loving new owner! I can't wait to see how she looks in a Leon!

Yenny I'm sorry to hear that your ring hasn't worked out for you. I'm sure you have thought this through very thoroughly, but I was wondering if you had considered resetting your stone in a plain solitaire? The reason I ask is because I really felt that having my (well maplefemme's now) OEC in a plain platinum setting really toned it's impact down considerably. I say this as someone who lives in a country where big bling is definitely not the norm as diamond are hugely expensive. In my circle .5 ct would be considered massive, but I never felt awkward wearing my ring. It actually didn't really attract that much attention. I got a few comments, but they were all of the 'wow that is gorgeous' variety. I understand your feelings on this matter as I find my love of big diamonds is in direct conflict with my personal style in all other areas.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top