shape
carat
color
clarity

Is a J color worth considering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I am have a question, if the stone is a hearts and arrows, AGS certified, 0.21, VS1, and J color, is it worth considering? Should I throw it out on color alone? It also is graded as having a strong blue flourescence. It is $265.00. Should I keep searching?
Many Thanks!
Jax:errrr:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jax,

If the stone is well-cut, it will face-up whiter than an average or poorly cut J. You may notice more body color when looking at the diamond from the side. If it is flush-mounted into a piece of jewelry, that won't be an issue. I would definitely set it in 18K yellow gold. Sometimes that lower body color seems to enhance the fiery quality of a well-cut diamond.

The strong blue fluorescence will also make a lower color diamond look whiter. Just make sure to look at it in the sun to be sure that there is no oily or milky quality to it. It will probably be very nice looking.

I would definitely consider this to be an option for you. In fact, many people prefer diamonds with lower color.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results