shape
carat
color
clarity

is 3 carat considered too big for most people?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I went to mall 3-4 stores, and none of them have 3 carat stone. Largest is 2 carat. 3 of sales people in different stores told me that 3 carat is really big, and people would think it's fake. most customers only wear 2 carat at most bc they feel comfortable with this size.

Would most people think 3 carat is too big and fake stone, or it'll attract too much attention for someone petite 5ft3, 100 lbs, ring sie 4.5. I am just curious how it looks on my finger in different type of settings. I shall check Tyffani and go back to Bailey Banks & Biddle to try on that 3 carat ring again to see if it's too big for my finger or not.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If so the people who think 3ct is too big are probably "small minded"

he he ha ha
oh I think that is funny.

I must be sick, or bored from writting papers for journals all weekend.

No it is funny.

Hell M who cares, if you like it buy one :appl:

nineta

Rough_Rock
Those salespeople are obviously not the owners of the shops you went to! A good jeweller should find you a 3ct in no time. :))

mbn

Shiny_Rock
well, I heard that stone size should be appropriate for your finger size not to look too big or gawdy. I tried on 3c, i didn't think too big on my finger, but big enough to satisfied my defintion of a big rock. even 2.5 carat is good.

but for me to trade up 2.16c to 2.5c, not much difference, so 3c, and 3c is considered big.

I want to try on stone w/various settings to make sure if decided to trade up 3c, i wont' regret decision, spending all that $ and feel conscious about wearing it.

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Just a suggestion:

Get a CZ of 3 ct on a simple solitaire. Wear it for few days. A week or two. See if you like the feel of it, check if it looks good on you. If you are comfortable with the size. If everything goes well, then go ahead and get a real one. This way you will be absolutely sure that you are comfortable with the size and there will be no regrets later.
I believe this is just like buying perfume. You are in the store, you smell it, like it and buy it. Next day you wear it and you realize that after two hours you smell like potpouri from you bathroom. ;))

In other words, test drive it. :)) If your knees keep knocking the steering wheel or if you can't see over the steering wheel then even if it is a Ferrari, it is not for you. :))

I am not sure how expensive a 3 ct cz would be. But if you can afford to spend money for the stone then an extra CZ cost would be next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results