shape
carat
color
clarity

Is 2mm too thin for engagement ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovemyboy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I have been a longtime lurker and finally need everyones opinion on my own little project. I like very thin bands, but was wonder if 2mm was too thin for a 6 prong, tiffany style setting w/ a soft knife edge shank, platinum. I have 2.05ct RB diamond...so I don''t want the setting to look cheap, but I also don''t want it to be too thick (i want the diamond to really pop). I was looking at SP website and I saw a 2.08ct solitaire from Tiffany and it lists the band as being 1.9mm....so I guess if Tiffany does it, thin can''t look too bad, but it''s just hard to judge from the pics since the ring is not on someone''s hand! Thanks for your help! Let me know what you think.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm is fine for an e-ring with with your diamond, especially if the setting is without diamonds.

lovemyboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo!! Trying to make a desicion about this has been driving me crazy for the past few days
emotion-39.gif
!

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
off the top of my head I don''t remember the size exactly of a 2ct, but I think it is around 8mm. I''m big on the rule of thirds, which is really just a guideline anyway. and thats really close. I bet it looks, or will look, stunning with the narrow band.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
2mm is totally fine.

lovemyboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I will post pics as soon as I pick the ring up from the jewelers.

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
Lovemyboy,

I have a 9mm round with a 2mm band with lots of pretty little diamonds in it. In my opinion, it makes my ring look super delicate and the stone look gigantic (I posted lots of pics when I got engaged, maybe they will help you make your decision).
2.gif

Please post pics when you get your ring......

LL

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.36 RB on a 2mm wide pave band, ring size 4.75. I think the proportions look beautiful.

119perfectheart.jpg

lovemyboy

Rough_Rock
Lovinlife - Your ring is just beautiful!! I love halo's...and yours is just perfect!

Lynn B - I love your ring so much!!! I have two fishtail pave bands headed my way...they should be ready soon!! Eventually I want a fishtail pave setting like yours (sorry to be a copy cat
emotion-14.gif
, but I am just so in love with that ring). I also love the shared prong look, so who knows what I will end up with in the future.

Also, I cannot remember all of the specs off the top of my head...here is what I remember:
2.05ct RB
I SI2 (totally eye clean)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results