Crown Height: 15 %
Pavillon Depth: 43 %
Girdle Thickness: Medium, Faceted

COMMENTS
- 8 HEARTS & 8 ARROWS - This Diamond was polished
utilizing superior precision & craftmanship, its
exquisite proportions generate the appearance of
8 Hearts & 8 Arrows, when viewed at the correct
angle & under the proper lighting conditions.
- 'Excellent Ideal Cut'.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a hard question to answer. EGL (especially international) grades much less consistently then GIA or AGS, therefore, their diamonds are worth less on the market. It's likely that if this stone were sent to GIA, it would get a G/H, SI2/I1 grade. If you plug in those criteria at one of the PS vendors, then the price is fair. However, if you search for GIA stones that are D/SI1, they are anywhere from $30-39K.

Have you seen the stone in person? Have you plugged the numbers into the HCA tool? That's helpful in weeding out stones that you should pass on as well as selecting stones that are worth taking a look at. Hope that this is helpful.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
If you've been reading around, then you probably know that PS folks are a bit cautious of EGL certified diamonds. The cut looks really good, but EGL tends to grade easier on color / clarity. With a D color, you probably are OK...even if it's two grades below, and F is still really white. I'm worried about the clarity, though. It's likely lower than SI by GIA/AGS standards.

GIA/AGS stones go of this size and specs go for $40/45k.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pricing- if a good deal- should be in line with or cheaper than an AGS or GIA graded 2.56 F-G, SI2 (maybe even I1) excellent cut.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What it is worth depends on what it is.
I don't know what it is.
You don't either.
Trusting the seller is naive . . . hence independent Lab grading reports.

Shocking as it is, EGL grades are lies and somehow they get away with it.
I think they should all be thrown in jail along with sellers of their "graded" diamonds but they get away with today because they got away with it yesterday.
Imagine if they reported weight 30% higher?
Grading color and clarity higher is the same outrage.

The same diamond that EGL "grades" F VS1 may get a I SI2 grade from GIA or AGS.

GIA and AGS don't lie.
Shop ONLY for diamonds graded by AGS or GIA.
They are not more expensive; you are just not being lied to by the "grades".

vdan

Rough_Rock
I have seen the stone and had a chance to compare it to other GIA diamonds. I am confident that the color is very close to D, E in the worst case by GIA standards. Clarity is comparable to SI2-I1 by GIA standards. The stone was purchased by the seller just over one year ago... Thank you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vdan|1313381447|2991002 said:
I have seen the stone and had a chance to compare it to other GIA diamonds. I am confident that the color is very close to D, E in the worst case by GIA standards. Clarity is comparable to SI2-I by GIA standards. The stone was purchased by the seller just over one year ago... Thank you.

You are competent to grade D and E Diamonds to GIA standards?
Do you have any idea how close the grades are?

You've been informed.
If you still want an EGL-graded diamond and believe their "grades", no problem.
Enjoy.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Are the inclusions visible? Is it considered eye clean?

vdan

Rough_Rock
I am not trained in grading diamonds but can tell a difference in color and clarity. It is really hard to notice an inclusion with the naked eye. However after looking at inclusions using magnifying glass and noticing the exact location of one darker inclusion i can see it without the loupe. It is dark inclusion on the side of the table at the very top. Additionally, you can see few tiny white bubbles in the middle.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
duplicate post; see next...

Ira Z.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sounds in the realm.

On the diamond search tool here, you can enter characteristics for what you're looking for, including the exact descriptors (color, clarity), and also, ask to compare with other diamonds that are also not AGS or GIA. The range seems to go from $20 - $29K, for about 8 options, putting yours on the slightly higher side of internet options, and so, if you're going to a bricks & mortar vendor, it will have advantages over these others as well.

https://www.pricescope.com/diamond-search-results/104147

Ira Z.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
vdan|1313382324|2991013 said:
I am not trained in grading diamonds but can tell a difference in color and clarity. It is really hard to notice an inclusion with the naked eye. However after looking at inclusions using magnifying glass and noticing the exact location of one darker inclusion i can see it without the loupe. It is dark inclusion on the side of the table at the very top. Additionally, you can see few tiny white bubbles in the middle.

If you think the stone meets your needs, then you should get it! Though I'd highly encourage at minimum getting it appraised.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results