shape
carat
color
clarity

Is $1025 a reasonable price for this....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked a vendor for a quote for an 11 stone shared prong wedding band with 0.03ct diamonds in it. I asked for 14K yellow gold. I honestly didn''t think it would be as much as this.

Apparently it has to be custom. I would think that any vendor would have this type of ring as a stock setting. Shows how much I know
41.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I *thought* Signed Pieces carried gold bands, but, looking at their site I only see platinum. They had a WG 11 stone .33 ct. band for $600ish. Agian I am relying on my memory here which can be cloudy at best!
9.gif

It''s worth a call. Here''s the link http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2693 to an 11 stone platinum shared prong of .57 tcw and priced at $1250

And no, I don''t think a shared prong band needs to be custom. That''s a size most jewelers stock or can order.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miranda. I emailed Facets and they don''t sell gold wedding rings anymore.
7.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s a bummer! Good luck!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t pay that much.

Do you have inspiration pictures of what you would like? I will go hunting
34.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I most certainly do! I need it in yellow gold not platinum. Its Jcrow''s gorgeous set.

jcrowsettinglovely252.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Does the band ring need to be under a certain height to avoid rubbing the e-ring setting or will you have a spacer?

Why 14kt rather than 18kt; just personal choice?

(Nice choice Maisie: That set will be a winner!

36.gif
)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I chose 14k yellow gold because my original wedding band is 9ct so I thought get something in the middle so the colour difference wouldn''t be too noticible. I would have 18k for the diamond band though. I would probably wear a spacer.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Does it need to be exactly 11 stones? Whiteflash''s Legato band (10 stones, .315 ctw) is $850 in YG.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
My orig. e-ring is 9kt so I understand
36.gif

You were considering the dia for eternity by WF, is that or the 3/4 version still a runner?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see that one on the WF website Ebree and Ellen. I feel rather silly! I would need to see pics of it to see how low it sits.

I wonder why its an extra $200 for an extra diamond. Oh well.. no matter. I will ask them for pictures of it. Thank you both
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 6:53:41 PM
Author: Steel
My orig. e-ring is 9kt so I understand
36.gif

You were considering the dia for eternity by WF, is that or the 3/4 version still a runner?
I would rather not have diamonds that go right the way round. 11 (or 10 now!) seems like a good figure.

Do you still wear your original e-ring? I have my original one on now. .25ct princess cut. I think my new one is going to look mahooosive after wearing this for a month!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 6:57:57 PM
Author: Maisie
I didn''t see that one on the WF website Ebree and Ellen. I feel rather silly! I would need to see pics of it to see how low it sits.

I wonder why its an extra $200 for an extra diamond. Oh well.. no matter. I will ask them for pictures of it. Thank you both
1.gif
Ha! I didn''t even see her post, or I would have ditto''d.
5.gif

Let us know what they say Mais.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Whohoo! I hope WF send you pics of that band. Can't wait for news!

Sorry to say I don't wear it.
15.gif
Well I wore it last night for about 1 min. I often think if I could save one ring: would I save my D or my little teeny 5 stone 9kt e-ring? I think it would be the latter. I'm sure you understand.

ETA: JCrow's inspiration is knife edge and this looks more pipe cut. Would that bother you?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally confused WF yesterday. I emailed them asking for pictures of a .30 and .40 half eternity ring. I was so embarrassed when I realised I should have said 0.03 and 0.04!

Mind you, the rings they showed me were gorgeous!!! Just far too big to go with my ering.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 7:07:38 PM
Author: Maisie
I totally confused WF yesterday. I emailed them asking for pictures of a .30 and .40 half eternity ring. I was so embarrassed when I realised I should have said 0.03 and 0.04!

Mind you, the rings they showed me were gorgeous!!! Just far too big to go with my ering.
9.gif
9.gif
I bet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results