shape
carat
color
clarity

Is 1/3karat t.w diamond earring studs good enough size for 1 yr dating anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
Alright, well you guys made up my mind to go to whiteflash.com. One more question before I bother you guys anymore, so are their diamonds certified or uncertified. Sorry if this was answered already but just want to clarify even though certification may not be of importance since people here stated that whiteflash has very nicely cut diamonds and I''m assuming this is from personal experience?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:51:54 AM
Author: jumbo1990
Alright, well you guys made up my mind to go to whiteflash.com. One more question before I bother you guys anymore, so are their diamonds certified or uncertified. Sorry if this was answered already but just want to clarify even though certification may not be of importance since people here stated that whiteflash has very nicely cut diamonds and I''m assuming this is from personal experience?

All their big ones are certified, but the little ones are graded by them but do not come with certs. But I am sure if you got them appraised they would be as promised, which is the most important part.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:54:32 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 2/25/2009 11:51:54 AM

All their big ones are certified, but the little ones are graded by them but do not come with certs. But I am sure if you got them appraised they would be as promised, which is the most important part.
Ditto neatfreak. And just to add - the diamonds in my band from WF are .01 each. They are TEEEENY! And they sparkle like mad - so yes, it''s from personal experience.
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t think anyone said you were stupid on spedning that much, price wasn''t an issue, quality and vendor for the price you mentioned, and if it sounded like i said that, i apologize, just giving you my experience is all.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give whiteflash a call!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also - you can return them if you think you really saw something nicer at you local store.

Also, about he size - I think you're totally fine - like you said, you're in college and have been dating for 1 year!!! My first pair of errings frrom my bf on our 1st anniversary were 1/2 ctw, but we were older and got married less than a year after that - just to give you one example (also NYC).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
And yes it''s from personal experience, my own studs are from WF. I have worn them everyday since I got them!

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
alright thanks danny, and its princess-cut studs if you didn''t happen to see. I was on whiteflash.com and it said it has HI Color and SI1 clarity. Is that good?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/confidence/

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/confidence.aspx?articleid=6&zoneid=2

Here you go.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:58:00 AM
Author: Imdanny
http://www.whiteflash.com/confidence/

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/confidence.aspx?articleid=6&zoneid=2

So what I should do now is see if there are any diamonds of your size and description, and who certified them. I''ll do that now and report back to you in a separate post. Give me about 10 minutes. Other posters might be able to help you find something you like as well.

Danny, there won''t be if he is looking at .30 ctw earrings. Those will be preset.

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
dannyandterry: I was referring to people I talked to previous before I Found this website. You guys are the greatest advice givers I''ve talked to since I decided to buy these.

I just read on whiteflash.com that you can trade up at anytime, which is a + over bluenile.com since they do not do that. So whatever the future entails, I can always surprise her with an upgradable size. But now that I see there is a .40 I cant decide if I should go with that one or the .33.

(Gosh, Im so undecisive)

By the way I live on Long island NY. (Random INfo)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:05:46 PM
dannyandterry: I was referring to people I talked to previous before I Found this website. You guys are the greatest advice givers I''ve talked to since I decided to buy these.

I just read on whiteflash.com that you can trade up at anytime, which is a + over bluenile.com since they do not do that. So whatever the future entails, I can always surprise her with an upgradable size. But now that I see there is a .40 I cant decide if I should go with that one or the .33.

(Gosh, Im so undecisive)

By the way I live on Long island NY. (Random INfo)
The trade up does not apply to their preset earrings, unfortunately. Still worth it for the quality you''d be getting, IMO.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Ok, you''re welcome. I''m going to look now.

I see the question about certification was answered by a previous poster for this diamond (thanks!, that''s news to me).

H, I, J, and K are just fine IMO. Please remember that''s just an opinion. On the whiteflash page, you can find a color chart. It shows the "near colorless range." I''d just try to stay within that.

VS2 (technically speaking although the chances of it having a visible inclusion are 1/100), SI1, and SI2 have to be checked by the vendor to see if they are "eye clean." Whiteflash has a definition of "eye clean" posted on their site. I would say that an eye clean SI2 or higher clarity is fine.

Ok, now I''ll just go see if I find any princess cuts for you. I haven''t looked at whiteflash''s site for a while. That''s always fun.

To answer your other question, I don''t own a whiteflash diamond. A friend of mine owns one. I''ve seen it. Also, he told me they were great to work with.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Neatfreak,

Yes, thanks for letting me know that!

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I appreciated Danny. and that would probably be better since someone said I cant trade back up if its a preset one.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Ready-Set--to-Go-Princess-Diamond-Earrings_1288.htm

Yeah, this would be than anything from a mall! This is my final advice, choose something from here. White gold or yellow gold. Good luck!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no prob,
33.gif
whew.. for a minute there, didn''t know what i had said
28.gif
good luck, they are great to deal with. I still keep in contact with them and racking my brain to come up with new projects for them. She''ll be thrilled to get such a great gift, she''ll appreciate them.
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome! It's nice when someone gets something truly good with their money and it makes a quality present. Don't let anyone tell you are stupid for doing this for your girlfriend. I think it's great.

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
These preset ones, I cant upgrade ?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danny- great job finding them.. oh BTW... you can ask them to put them in 18k or 14k white gold.. less on the price if you wanted to.. that way you can probably get the .33 in white gold, and pay slight less than what is advertised..

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:21:08 PM
No. WF only does the trade up on ACA (A Cut Above) diamonds, to my knowledge.

I still think they're your best choice.
1.gif

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
But wont the 14k not last as long as the 18k, just due to quality.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
14K would be fine.... but they''re not offered in 14k. You need to go with the offered 18K to get the ready set to go price. If you have them switch metals, you''ll get into custom territory - which is more expensive.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:22:28 PM
Author: dannyandterry
Danny- great job finding them.. oh BTW... you can ask them to put them in 18k or 14k white gold.. less on the price if you wanted to.. that way you can probably get the .33 in white gold, and pay slight less than what is advertised..
Thanks!

mryan

Rough_Rock
my 1 yr gift was .5 ctw martini setting earrings from WF. she loved them and hasn''t taken them out much since. I believe they were H stones. they are very sparkley!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm not quite sure what you mean "last as long?" I don''t think you''ll see that big of a difference from 18k to 14k on those posts, price you''ll see a slight change, you can talk with them more and ask them what they really think? and if it really matters, my personal preference has always been 14k strength purposes, and cost effective but later pn white gold will need rhodium plating to keep it looking "wkite gold" but platinum will not turn yellow.

jumbo1990

Rough_Rock
one more question. .33 or .40 ?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:33:07 PM

Whichever ones you can afford!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think their ES are also eligible for upgrade. But presets are not eligible.

Copied from their webpage.
Please note that EGL graded diamonds and outside diamonds we do not recommend will not qualify for our one year buy back or lifetime upgrade policy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 12:21:08 PM
I don''t believe so, not the Ready set to Go studs anyway.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 12:33:49 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 2/25/2009 12:33:07 PM

Whichever ones you can afford!
Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results