shape
carat
color
clarity

Is £10k a fair price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MICHAELM

Rough_Rock
A shop in Hatton Garden is quoting £10k for a Princess cut, 1.59c, D colour, VS2 diamond. They say that it''s has quite a shallower cut which means that it looks bigger than a regular 1.59c princess cut diamond. I don''t have all the figures but the face is 6.5mm x 6.7mm and the depth is 61%. I haven''t seen the certificate yet.

Is this good value? The price includes the setting. Does the shallower cut (apologies for not using the right terms!) mean that it will have less fire to it? It did seem to sparkle a little less than a ''regular'' Princess cut diamond we compared it to in the shop.

I''ve had a look at www.Original-Diamonds.com in the US - their prices are very competitive and suggest I''d get a lot more for my £10k. Has anybody bought diamonds like this over the internet?

All suggestions and help very greatfully received!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
First of all, try to find out as much details as you can about this stone... Maybe you could ask them to fax you the cert...
However, it looks like it wasn't as sparkly as the others... Am I right?? If so, don't compromise on cut quality!! I suggest you to look at superbcert.com princess cuts collection... They will blow out 99% of store's diamonds... And check out the price too!
lickout.gif

BTW, 'shallow' is the right term
2.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results