shape
carat
color
clarity

Irradiated diamonds for cheap, woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 11:40:52 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I have seen a baby blue color irradiated diamond like the one shown.. its just about as gorgeous as can be. Like a powder blue sky. But.... I would be too afraid to do this. lol
Me too! Maybe if I came across a super cheap, really terrible diamonds full of inclusions...but still. Actually, I HAVE been eyeing those blue pear cuts on ebay...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP, wanna make a drive up to Taos and see what they''re doing to them? Heh...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 11:53:43 AM
Author: FrekeChild
MP, wanna make a drive up to Taos and see what they''re doing to them? Heh...
Holy cow I didn''t even notice that! Yes, lets! :D
That could actually be really interesting. Maybe they are creating the Taos Hum.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahahaha!!!!!

I want a blue diamond. I wonder how long it takes? Did it say? I just woke up and didn't read it carefully...

ETA: I bet they are creating the Taos Hum....

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t actually say. We should ask!
I am always looking at the blue diamond pears on ebay. I had a bidding war with one once but I lost - it .33 carats and it went for only $25! I was so hurt.

I have been itching for a pear since before I got engaged, but my best friend has one for her e-ring and I just thought it might be rude if I got a pear, too. Especially since she knows I had a choice in what kind of ring I got. Nuts.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/14/2008 11:45:03 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 8/14/2008 11:40:52 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I have seen a baby blue color irradiated diamond like the one shown.. its just about as gorgeous as can be. Like a powder blue sky. But.... I would be too afraid to do this. lol
Me too! Maybe if I came across a super cheap, really terrible diamonds full of inclusions...but still. Actually, I HAVE been eyeing those blue pear cuts on ebay...
I have a treated peacock blue diamond that has the worse imaginable carbon, just under the table. However, the colour does disguise it nicely and it was very cheap as well.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m guessing they will probably have more auctions, right? Even if it''s not the case, we could always go hunt them down....

This is fascinating...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 12:53:51 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m guessing they will probably have more auctions, right? Even if it''s not the case, we could always go hunt them down....

This is fascinating...

They do! Omg pinks!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow...So what exactly are they doing to the diamonds? I'm guessing this is just a surface treatment, because they say to not recut the stones once they've been treated...

ETA: It sucks that they only do a half carat and up. I have a diamond chip that could use some lovin'.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t really say. One of the experts needs to jump in here! :)

And I was thinking I could have bought that pear cut ring I liked at Zales with the crappy diamond just got this purpose, but they won''t do .25 cts. Dang it! I guess I see their point though...but I would pay full price for it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results