shape
carat
color
clarity

Irradiated blue diamonds - where do they come from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
Hi All

I''ve got another question about irradiated blue diamonds. Where do they come from?
I don''t want to support the illegal diamond trade. Is there any way I can be sure that there is no blood on my diamond?

Cheers
Alison

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irradiated diamonds are normally lower quality mined diamonds that are essentially nuked to give them that bright blue color. If you want a blood free diamond-I''d look into Canadian mined or man made. Irradiation has nothing to do with whether it was mined or not, just has to do with the treatment it has received afterward.

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I kind of thought that since irradiated diamonds are generally lower grade diamonds, that they probably wouldn''t have any blood on them anyway. Canadian or Australian it is.

Cheers
26.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all irradiated coloured diamonds are lower clarity. I have an IF and mostly VVS and VS. Only a few are SI. There are some dreadful quality ones on the market but it depends where you buy them from!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 6:00:46 PM
Author: Leaf Girl
Thanks for the advice. I kind of thought that since irradiated diamonds are generally lower grade diamonds, that they probably wouldn''t have any blood on them anyway. Canadian or Australian it is.

Cheers
26.gif
Yup. Irradiated diamonds are just diamonds that have been treated to make it blue. It could come from anywhere.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Ebay irradiated blue diamond was listed as SI and I don''t see any flaws in it naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results