Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Irishman dies from stubbornness and whiskey

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
Blame my Irish blood, but I love this. :angel:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/...uary-goes-viral/ar-AAlKh41?li=AAggNb9#image=1

An Irishman's obituary has gone viral after his family paid the most hilarious and heart-warming tribute to him.
Irish-American Chris Connors (67) lost his battle to ALS and pancreatic cancer, but his family made sure his obituary reflected his life to the full.

The obituary reads:

“Chris Connors died, at age 67, after trying to box his bikini-clad hospice nurse just moments earlier.

“Ladies man, game slayer, and outlaw Connors told his last inappropriate joke on Friday, December 9, 2016, that which cannot be printed here.”

The obituary, which has gone viral, said Conners died just like he lived, by writing his own rules.

“Anyone else fighting ALS and stage 4 pancreatic cancer would have gone quietly into the night, but Connors was stark naked drinking Veuve in a house full of friends and family as Al Green played from the speakers,” the obit said.

“Chris enjoyed cross dressing, a well-made fire, and mashed potatoes with lots of butter. His regrets were few, but include eating a rotisserie hot dog from an unmemorable convenience store in the summer of 1986."

The obituary recalls some of Chris' most hilarious moments.

"Most people thought he was crazy for swimming in the ocean in January; for being a skinny Irish Golden Gloves boxer from Quincy, Massachusetts; for dressing up as a priest and then proceeding to get into a fight at a Jewish deli.

"Absolut vodka and Simply Orange companies are devastated by the loss of Connors.

"As much as people knew hanging out with him would end in a night in jail or a killer screwdriver hangover, he was the type of man that people would drive 16 hours at the drop of a dime to come see."

The heartwarming obituary has gone viral across the world.
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,095
I'm not Irish, but I love it! Thank you so much for sharing, december-fire!

Deb :wavey:
 

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
1,483
My mom found this and read it to me the other day. I think it is a brilliant obituary with the perfect balance of poignance and irreverence. I would have loved to have had a drink with him prior to his death. It sounds like he was a fun and interesting person.
 

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
3,160
Sounds like he lived a full life. And was funny as hell. Good for him!

We have a close friend with ALS. He's lost his voice but his sense of (inappropriate) humor still has us rolling.
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
puppmom,

I'm sorry to hear that your friend has ALS. Such a terrible disease.
 

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
3,160
Thanks, December-fire. I didn't mean to threadjack. This guy seriously has the most positive attitude and is absolutely hilarious living life to the fullest just like this naughty Irishman! :lol:
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
21,660
I love true to life obits! Most of them make people sound like Saints that never did anything wrong and was everyone's best
friend. I would like to write my own obit before I die instead of leaving it up to someone else who will make it all mushy.

My favorite line from the obit...

"Absolut vodka and Simply Orange companies are devastated by the loss of Connors."

Guy knew how to party :dance: !
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
puppmom|1482256493|4108578 said:
Thanks, December-fire. I didn't mean to threadjack. This guy seriously has the most positive attitude and is absolutely hilarious living life to the fullest just like this naughty Irishman! :lol:
No need to apologize!

It was sad to read that your friend has ALS, but your comment that "He's lost his voice but his sense of (inappropriate) humor still has us rolling." and your above comment about him, made me smile. :))

:wavey:
 

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
2,346
tyty333|1482265441|4108607 said:
I love true to life obits! Most of them make people sound like Saints that never did anything wrong and was everyone's best
friend. I would like to write my own obit before I die instead of leaving it up to someone else who will make it all mushy.

My favorite line from the obit...

"Absolut vodka and Simply Orange companies are devastated by the loss of Connors."

Guy knew how to party :dance: !

tyty333,

Yes! In fact, writing one's own obit could be used as a game plan!

Something in your pre-written obit that's missing from your real life?

Well, then, get out there and get it done! :))
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
21,660
december-fire|1482277124|4108675 said:
tyty333|1482265441|4108607 said:
I love true to life obits! Most of them make people sound like Saints that never did anything wrong and was everyone's best
friend. I would like to write my own obit before I die instead of leaving it up to someone else who will make it all mushy.

My favorite line from the obit...

"Absolut vodka and Simply Orange companies are devastated by the loss of Connors."

Guy knew how to party :dance: !

tyty333,

Yes! In fact, writing one's own obit could be used as a game plan!

Something in your pre-written obit that's missing from your real life?

Well, then, get out there and get it done! :))
I've got lots missin'...I better get busy!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top