shape
carat
color
clarity

iPhone case recommendations?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH just found a leather 'pocket' that he uses to slip the iphone in and keep it safe. He still has the protective shield as well, but this keeps it looking like its an iphone, not a "pimped out" cell (which is what mine looks like and I am quite happy looking "pimped out", FYI! :lol: :lol: ) He got it at Future Shop. $20.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry if I'm repeating any but I have several iPhone 4 cases. My favorite is the Incipio Feather in Westerly (but they have a ton of other colors as well) for lightweight pretty protection. This is minimal protection however, along the lines of "any case is better than none". It does not cover the bevel or the sides fully but if you're usually careful and not prone to dropping your phone, it'll be fine.

I have this Speck Flip Case which provides more protection (covers the bevels and sides fully) but you have to flip out the bottom part to charge it (at least with my car charger). It does provide a little stand though - totally unnecessary for me however.

I have the Speck Geometric in black, which provides good protection and is super cool. The back isn't just the geometric pattern but it has different textures too. If you search for it, there's now a red version and a purple version too.

I also have the Speck Pixelskin HD in black. This was my free case when the whole thing about signal strength and such was going on with the iPhone 4 release. Same case as the Geometric, just different patterns. There's a bunch of different colors now (blue, pink, gray, turquoise, purple). Not my favorite of all the cases but it's because it's my most boring one (for me, anyway) but it's a good sturdy case.

Hope this helps!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another UNCOMMON iPhone case lover here! They are attractive, easy to put on, light weight, and provide protection.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Just got my new iPhone, and put it in an Otter case. I don't particularly care for it, but it will protect the phone.

I saw the 'related topics' blurb off to the right, and clicked on a post back in 2007 about iPhones. My iPhone cost me .99 with my new 2 year contract (same as before) + the smallest of data plans for 15/mo. I walked out of the store for $55.87 total, and that was mostly the protective Otter case. This thread talks about iPhones being 400.00+ . There's proof that buying the latest will cost you big. I'd rather wait a few years, let the manufacturers work out any problems, and then I'll gladly take the 3G for .99 over the 199.99 4G. ;))

I'm not cutting edge. Too much Scotch-Irish thriftiness in my blood. I'd rather be cheap . . . when I can't be free. :bigsmile:

soulwindy

Rough_Rock
I was always a fan of the ifrogz cases

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Otterbox

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Soo many recommendations! Thanks! ::)

SO put a case in my stocking.

He made an interesting choice. In fact he chose for me.

I decided I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and should just use it and be happy.

I'm one of those people who doesn't like using cases but loves things that are brand new without scratches.

Something had to give. I couldn't just keep carrying it around in it's original box.

I have made a mental note of these cases that have come up in this thread so in case (no pun intended, hahaha!) I need waterproof protection for instance I'll know where to look.

My new case is all made of plastic strips like the ones that usually go only on the front screen.

It's made by a company called "Protect-o" or something.

I'll find the box and post their name.

Edit: "wrapsol".

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
UPdate-?the front screen messed uPbthe touch screen sensitivity and Inhad to keep pressing the same buttons trice, pressed wrong buttons, and I touched buttons and they didn't do anything.

I had to tale it off.

I'm not going to have the worlds most sophisticated electronic product and have these problems.

Now I guess I'll look for one of those pockets they slide in and out of.

SIGH.

bingecloudy

Rough_Rock
It depend on how much protection you want, Danny.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That's what she said.

:: Ducks ::

Sorry couldn't help it! :razz:

Anyway, in all seriousness, Danny, I've heard people rave about Wrapsol but it didn't do much for me. Are you pretty careful with your phones so you really just need something to prevent the back from scratching, or are you hard on your phones and need something to cover the bevels if/when you drop it?

Aesthetics-wise, there are some gorgeous cases out there if you don't mind dropping the money. Like, nice leather cases, etc. Also, check this out!

50 Cool iPhone 4 cases

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would put a screen protector on no matter what. There are others out there. Get the ones Apple sells maybe?

EldridgeChehab

Rough_Rock
What I found worked on my iPod touch was using an invisible shield on the back/sides, a decent screen protector on the front (power support/martin fields, etc).
Then pick a case to go over it. It'll stock it getting scratches from the case/dirt but won't add much more bulk as you can choose a thinner/lighter case. You'll end up spending the better part of £30 on cases though this way...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1325084795|3089979 said:
I would put a screen protector on no matter what. There are others out there. Get the ones Apple sells maybe?

Yep, I always put screen protectors on. They are on ebay for a couple of bucks. I found one for my iphone 4s on there, then I purchased my case at the apple store. I forget which one it is. Might be griffin...I'm not sure...I just know it's flexible NOT hard plastic.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
MC|1356023170|3336565 said:

Yep, I always put screen protectors on. They are on ebay for a couple of bucks. I found one for my iphone 4s on there, then I purchased my case at the apple store. I forget which one it is. Might be griffin...I'm not sure...I just know it's flexible NOT hard plastic.

The nice thing about using screen protectors and a case is it really will keep your iPhone looking new. Which means when the new one comes out, you can sell your old one on Ebay :) I just sold my 4 (not even a 4S) for $202.50, which basically paid for my 5.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am probably in the minority but I dislike the screen protectors greatly - the touchscreen seems to get less responsive over time and bubbles start appearing and peeling off 1 year later. Although it claims to be flexible, I can feel it as a hardened layer. I looked at the Otterbox and found them too bulky to toss into my trouser pockets. The iFrogz seem to offer a good balance of protection and openness. I don't need fancy designs or colours though, staying mainly with black or a solid dark blue.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1356027769|3336631 said:
MC|1356023170|3336565 said:

The nice thing about using screen protectors and a case is it really will keep your iPhone looking new. Which means when the new one comes out, you can sell your old one on Ebay :) I just sold my 4 (not even a 4S) for $202.50, which basically paid for my 5.

Yep, exactly. I kept my Pantech Ease in prestine condition and it was going to be $99 to upgrade to the 4S, so I sold the Pantech on eBay for over $50 or maybe it was $70. I forget... anyway, it was enough to help pay for the upgrade! Yay.

Oh, and I checked my phone case. It is by Speck. I love it. Was worth paying $29. My dh found a cheap one on ebay for $2 and it fell apart so I bought him a good one from the Apple store.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Zagg screen protector( guaranteed) they replace it for a few bucks IF it gets a bubble or scratch. I've used them for years. Have one on my IPad also. The case though is a Vera Bradley paisley pattern cause it was pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results