shape
carat
color
clarity

invites & thank yous

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hum. that''s definitely a thought. i''ll look into it. thanks!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, I am so sorry to hear about your invites!!!!!
39.gif
I can only imagine how upset you are!

I hope one of the other options works out -- I think it is a good suggestion to try and find someone to letterpress the invites and then someone else to make the booklets. And this is probably crazy, but do you think that making the booklets is something you could do yourself if you had to? I don''t know the details, so maybe it isn''t something you could/would want to undertake!

Good luck! Please let us know what you end up doing. I was SO looking forward to seeing how your invites turned out.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks. i have thought about binding them myself. although i probably could, i REALLY don''t want to. i would have to make 3 holes in all of those pages and then stitch each book. nah. i''d much rather someone else handle that.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just wanted to update this thread. the invites (round 2) are currently being printed. CROSS your fingers please!! it has to be right this time!

i also decided against going letterpress for the thank you cards. i will be doing just offset. they will still have the matching graphic and typeface and all, but it will be MUCH cheaper!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, fingers crossed, Jcrow! I really hope they come out perfectly this time. Are you having them re-done by the same printer or did you find someone else?

I found a great woman to do my invites. I came up with the basic design and she will do the actual illustration. And I am getting letterpress afterall!!! I decided that it was worth it for me. I am so excited, I wish I could have them done now, but I have a few months to go. lol

BTW, I think that is a good way to save money by having the same design done in offset for your thank yous. I will have to ask if I can do the same!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
nope, i decided to go with a different printer. i contacted about 6 printers and from there narrowed down my choices and made sure i would be able to see a proof this time. the printer i chose is also able to do the printing and binding as well. i'm happy to have found someone who can do the entire process. so far so good. i've gotten the proof and okay'd it. so they should be proceeding as planned. i hope they are ok. well, better than ok actually! i hope i love them!

thanks for the support fatafelice! good luck with yours too! are you going to post pics of them once they are done? i'd love to see them!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good luck! I have a good feeling they will turn out beautiful!!! Fata, please post yours too!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring- thanks! i need all the luck i can get!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, they will be beautiful! Don''t you wish you had your own press?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
do i?!! how awesome would that be?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would be SOOO much fun. I would letterpress EVERYTHING (maybe even the checks
2.gif
)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
me too! ha~!

ok- i just emailed the print shop. it was a no rush, just checking on my invites message.
i got an auto reply.................

the print shop is closed till next monday.

eek! hopefully everything is ok & in order. not very reassuring! they could have told me?!

maybe i''m just paranoid since the last one was a botched job.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Relax, you have plenty of time. Maybe the closed for an emergency. I think you are just nervous. Do they know about the problems you had with the last print shop?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
maybe. they didn''t give a reason and didn''t say the date this closure started. i called their number but got a generic answer machine. yes, they are aware of my last print horror.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
then I am willing to bet they will take extra care with your order.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock

It would be SOOO much fun. I would letterpress EVERYTHING (maybe even the checks )

LOL! Me too!

Jcrow, where is the shop located? Because of the heat, we are having a lot of electricity problems around here. Maybe they are also. Or maybe they don''t have AC there and it is too hot to work? I don''t know, but I am sure there is a reasonable explanation. I''ll be thinking about you Monday morning!
2.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
fatafelice: awe, thanks FF! I could use those thoughts and good vibes! the print shop is located in New York. I hope I don't go crazy with worrying until Monday!

tacori- thanks! i hope that's the case.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, what''s the word on your invites?!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
FF- thanks for thinking of me.

i emailed them this monday. she responded saying that my invites are on the press.

everyone cross your fingers...please!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed! And you had better post pictures as soon as you have them.
2.gif
After all this suspense, I cannot wait to see them!!!

The woman doing my invites says she can start now, because she has some room in her calendar. I am eager to see them, but I am worried that there will be repercussions to doing them so early (my wedding is next June 30!). Then again, I don''t know what would change between now and then, since the ceremony/reception site is already booked. I swear, I wish I was getting married in three months instead of 10, as practically everything is set and I have to just wait around for the wedding to actually happen!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks!!

you''ll be surprised how much stuff can creep up on you! especially as your date comes closer! take advantage of this time!
i have at least one wedding related phone call a day to make. plus my weekends are just booking as i blink! eek!

oh an thank you card sidenote, i have a new idea. let me know what you think (and others too!!)

on my invites, instead of putting RSVP, i''ve typed out the french saying - Répondez s’il vous plaît.
i was thinking i could use on my thank you cards - merci beaucoup - instead of thank you.

i have mostly a french hertiage. and the area i live in is very french. i think the OOTers would get the french saying. right?

i even thought of putting a french saying on the programs- le fete de mariage (the festival of marriage)
i figured people would get it?? plus on the cover would be our names and date and place of the ceremony.

thoughts anyone??

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I like the touch of French! I definitely think people will get it -- and if they don''t, they can ask someone else what it means!
3.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
there really won''t be anything specifically french in the ceremony or reception, so i think this is a nice nod to my heritage and location. thanks for your feedback!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i just emailed the printer to check on when they expected them to be completed. she emailed me back right away that all that''s left is the final trim! she said they should be shipping out either this afternoon or tomorrow!! eek!!!!!! i HOPE they look ok!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! I think I am almost as excited to see your invites as I will be to see my own! lol
3.gif

You better post pictures as soon as you get them!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Yay Jcrow!!! I hope they look wonderful!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''ll post away as soon as they come in. hopefully it''ll be happy posts!! oh, i''m so worried!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you can have a lovely thank you printed that keeps the spirit of your invite, OR you can just have great stationery printed to use gong forward. I had gorgeous stationery engraved with my name only (maiden), Crane, on white stock, with pink and grey borders and grey ink for use for shower thank you''s and anything before the wedding. Then I had some stuff printed up, with my married name and then with both of our names, and used them for post wedding thank you notes and other correspondence having to do with us as a couple, on ecru stock with a french blue ink. It did not match my wedding invite, but was something I could see using long term. I do not think there are any absolutes about this nowadays.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the feedback diamondfan. i like the idea of maiden then switching to married.
if i''d have more time i think i would have loved to go that route.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How much time do you have? Crane does great stuff, thermographied, not engraved, and the turn around is not bad. Once you approve the proof, it is about a week or so. You pick all the elements, foldover, card, monogram, color, lining...I am really into pale paper (blue, sage, pink) with chocoloate brown or copper ink. I got some recently to use as gift enclosures and notes to friends, pretty, but not too formal or stuffy. I LOVE stationery. Emails are great but there is something about getting a pretty note in the mail that is nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results