shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitations!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've made it through most of my exams. Just one final to take next week! I need something to relax between study sessions..... so I figured it is about time to get around to invites!

I'm doing DIY pocket folds but will have the insert cards and everything printed by the people down the street from us. I have a big stack of paper from Michaels, some great glue stuff that actually holds a pocket nicely and am ready to get going.

What inserts do I need to include? I know what is "normal", but some doesn't really apply and I don't want them to look incomplete or goofy. We are having a dairy meal (all of our guests will know what this means -- think vegetarian) and there will not be any menu selections for guests to make.
The winery is a bit of a drive for everyone, but driving directions or map just seem silly (drive east on I-90 for a couple of hours then get off at this exit).
All who are invited to the ceremony are also invited to the reception.

To keep things simple, I'm basing next day brunch and wine tasting numbers on those who plan to stay overnight.

All I really need an RSVP for is if they will attend ceremony & reception.

So I guess what I'm wondering is if I'm missing anything? Am I okay just sticking two inserts (accommodations and reply) in with the invite?

I'm working on mock-ups so that I can show them to the printer and get the final measurements for cutting the actual invitations. I'll try to add a picture once I've got one stuck together a bit better!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Yea, I think just two inserts are fine. Maybe a map of the general area on the accommodations insert instead of driving directions?

Do you have a wedding website? Maybe set up a basic free one with the whole schedule details, links to venues and accommodations and then just reference that link on your RSVP card, 'For Details Please Visit: ...'

Good for you for finishing all your exams!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
im just curious to know what a dairy meal is! I mean it's food - so that excites me! haha

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i wanna know what a dairy meal is too! cheese...?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are Jewish so do not mix meat with any sort of dairy. Since some of our guests do not eat meat outside of their own home, we are sticking with a meal that has no meat. It is pretty similar to vegetarian but all of the events we've been to specify "meat" or "dairy" on the invitation.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see them! I think the other ladies gave good advice. I don't see any issues with two inserts.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay. So final exams had to get a little more focus than splitting with invitations. But..... My quarter is over!!!

Now I get to spend the weekend playing with the layout/colors. Plan to have all the pockets ready by the end of Monday so that I can stuff/stick and mail them on Tuesday. Since we only need about 20, that shouldn't be too hard....

Lots of pictures as soon as I've got them!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got busy with life this week so not as far as I'd hoped.

Got all the pocket folds made. Now just have to print, stick together and mail!
Getting print files ready now so that they can be printed Sunday. I have postage and stuff ready to go so I should have them out on Monday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results