shape
carat
color
clarity

Investment and Resell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xzhu

Rough_Rock
Experts,
Could any of you stone genius give me an advice on this? I have no idea what I am doing!
I would like to spend about 10K-12K to buy a diamond. I am now thinking about 3 class of stones: 1: E/D, Ideal cut, and FL/IF stone.
2: F/G, Ideal/premium and VVS1/VVS2 stone
3: Anything less than class 2.
Assume all of them have lab papers and all other factors are consistant with the Cs.I understand that for the money I will spend, I will have a very small stone under class1 and a bigger one for class 2 and even bigger one for class 3 stones.I would like to know your opinion about:
1: which class will have the highest resell value if I later decide to sell it?
2: Assume my investment will be 12K firm. what is the size of the stone I can get under class 1?There are 2 other questions I would like to ask:
1: What is the different between H&A and 1A,
in the "cut"
2: I found there are some price charts in this website, I would like to know if it is possible to get a price less than the chart lowest price(the green chart price)? If yes, where and how?
Thank you so much and please send email to
[email protected]
------------------
xzhu

xzhu

Rough_Rock
Experts,
Thank you all for your golden advice.
I had understood more and more about this topic. It is new to me and it was amazing that so many friends(please allow me to call you all friends) gives me experts opinions. I really appreciate those advice and hope your very best luck in your business.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unfortunatlely we have made it very easy for you to get the best prices and find information. Perhaps this led you to believe we will do everything else for you too.We will not. You must do your own searching and find your own way too.The question you ask about resale values does not make sense given you are attempting to buy extremely rare diamond qualities. Do you expect there will be 1000 buyers lined up for such rare goods the instant you wish to sell?If you want to buy and sell, then buy what most people buy and the goods will be liquid. It is easy to claim to have the very best taste, but you must realise the very best goods tend to be sold through the very best vendors, and they will not be the least bit interested in buying from you when you want to sell. The pawn shops and second hand dwellers can not even concieve paying more than 30% of the value of the finest quality diamonds.Use your brain and think about what you are doing, unless 12K is very easy to come by.Sorry for the curt reply.
Garry

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamonds are an investment in pleasure. A fraction of the price you might pay will remain and this is not what most of us would call a good investment financially. It might be better than some listed stocks on the exchanges these days, but it still is no way to make money.One should recall that it was not so many years ago that diamonds, bits of gold and jewelry were the means of exchange recognized as the way to buy oneself and family across a border to freedom when there was war, when the banking system collapsed, or when the government took over everything.At those times, the family jewels were the best investment one could make. We are most fortunate today that this does not seem part of the equation. I hope it never will be, but those who are unaware of history are doomed to repeat it. Diamonds may be a great investment in the worst of times. ------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Xzhu,If you are buying for yourself or your fiancé and not sure what qualities to get it is one thing. You can go to the dealer who carries varieties of stones and decide for yourself.If you are thinking about reselling with the time, I'm afraid diamonds are not the best investment at all.The charts on this site are based on retail Internet prices. They are about 5-10% high than wholesale. Perhaps you can do more research and buy even cheaper from some cutters or pawnshops.Some time ago D and FL/IF diamonds were considered as investment qualities. Now many buyers are more concern about cut and happy with G-H color and eye-clean diamonds.

xzhu

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much.

John

Rough_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by xzhu:
Thank you all very much.
XZHU, Buying diamonds is an investment in beauty and pride of ownership, not an investment upon which one can reasonably expect to make a profit. Remember, that when you buy, someone is making a profit. A profit that you may or may not be able to duplicate when you go to sell. In over 12 years in this industry, I have never advised a person to purchase based upon the ability to sell for a profit in the future. It may be possible, but not highly probable. If you like the look of the stone and your research has led you to belive that the price paid is reasonable or better, buy it and enjoy it. DO NOT PLAN ON IT BEING PART OF YOUR RETIREMENT. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results