shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction! Hello, ladies!

midwestlegal

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Here's my story: BF and I met our freshman year of college and stared dating our senior year. We've been together for over 3.5 years, and have been long distance for the last 2. I'm in law school out on the east coast and he's in medical school back in the midwest. We'll both graduate this spring, and are desperately hoping that he'll match for residency in Chicago, where I have a job lined up. Fingers crossed! He's currently getting invitations for interviews, so it's a very exciting/stressful time for us as we're trying to get back to the same city.

Assuming we're able to successfully get back to Chicago together this spring, we plan to get engaged shortly after that. I've been lurking here for a long time, and look forward to joining the community!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Another law student, welcome!

midwestlegal

Rough_Rock
LJL|1316986862|3025351 said:
Another law student, welcome!

Thanks, LJL! I see you just joined recently as well. I'm jealous that you and your BF go to the same law school!! :))

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there. My boyfriend is also in med school in the Midwest and currently getting interview invites. This matching process is stressful at best!

Best of luck for him matching in Chicago! May your stay be short and sweet!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha its no accident!! We talked about it a lot beforehand and we know, for us, it just wouldn't work to be apart with that long of a period of time in front of us. Its one thing to be apart for 6 months but entirely different for YEARS. I don't know how people do it.
The next big issue is finding jobs in the same city. He's got something for next summer locked down so I'm frantically emailing every firm in that city. I'm impressed that you've been able to keep it together for so long - and I hope you guys get to be in Chicago together (yuck - so much wind!)

midwestlegal

Rough_Rock
maebelle|1316987737|3025360 said:
Hey there. My boyfriend is also in med school in the Midwest and currently getting interview invites. This matching process is stressful at best!

Best of luck for him matching in Chicago! May your stay be short and sweet!

Oh maebelle, isn't it so stressful? Every day I'm waiting by my phone hoping for more interview news from him. Best of luck to your boyfriend! What specialty is he going into?

What do you do? Is it your plan to follow him where he matches?

midwestlegal

Rough_Rock
LJL|1316987778|3025361 said:
Hahaha its no accident!! We talked about it a lot beforehand and we know, for us, it just wouldn't work to be apart with that long of a period of time in front of us. Its one thing to be apart for 6 months but entirely different for YEARS. I don't know how people do it.
The next big issue is finding jobs in the same city. He's got something for next summer locked down so I'm frantically emailing every firm in that city. I'm impressed that you've been able to keep it together for so long - and I hope you guys get to be in Chicago together (yuck - so much wind!)

Long distance certainly isn't easy! I think it helps that we are both SO busy with school for these 3 years. And thank goodness for iChat!

Good luck with your job search!

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
I hope his placement works out. You both seem very dedicated and hard working and hopefully all your hard work will pay off soon!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
midwestlegal said:
Oh maebelle, isn't it so stressful? Every day I'm waiting by my phone hoping for more interview news from him. Best of luck to your boyfriend! What specialty is he going into?

I work in the science field and am currently working on my masters. He wants to stay fairly local, but I'd be fine moving if he got a place somewhere else. Three years in Chicago would be awesome! He wants to do Emergency Medicine and there are many great residency programs right here (Thank goodness!) What does yours want to do?

midwestlegal

Rough_Rock
maebelle|1317126870|3026756 said:
midwestlegal said:

I work in the science field and am currently working on my masters. He wants to stay fairly local, but I'd be fine moving if he got a place somewhere else. Three years in Chicago would be awesome! He wants to do Emergency Medicine and there are many great residency programs right here (Thank goodness!) What does yours want to do?

Oh, nice! BF is doing an ER rotation right now and LOVING it. He's working nights this week and calls me every morning totally charged up about whatever crazy cases he had in the middle of the night. He's going into anesthesiology, but it was a close call for him between emergency, surgery, and anesthesia.

Good luck on your masters!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results