shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction From a Long Time Lurker!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I've been a long time lurker (checking RT, SMTB, Hangout and LIW at least once daily for 8-10 months) and finally decided to join today since I can't view the new Pre-Owned PS Jewels forum without a membership. I think I was putting it off because as soon as I joined and went on the list, that would make it all too real and now all of a sudden, Im a LIW... Oh no!

A little about myself. The SO and I are both law students with a pretty clear idea of where we're going in life. We've been together for a little over 2.5 years and I hope that we will be engaged before that number gets to 3...errr maybe 3.5. We're very comfortable with each other, love each other very much, and know that we want to get married as soon as we graduate. However, since we've been in school for so long, theres not a lot of spare cash lying around for a nice big sparkly for me. :cry: I think before PS I would have been happy with something much less costly, but here I am - drooling over all these pricey objects so I think thats pushing the possible engagement back further than expected. :???:

Not much else to say except I'm excited to have finally made the plunge!

-LJL

sjm

Rough_Rock
Welcome!!!!! Hope you enjoy your stay!! Did you meet at law school?

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sjm - thanks! No, we did not meet at law school. We met junior year of college and decided to go to law school together. We are now about a month into our second year... I definitely catch some crap for "following" SO to this particular school since it is in his home state but I'm quite happy and I don't think I would regret it even if we didnt work out :errrr: because its a great school.

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Welcome!! :wavey:

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Welcome to a fellow new-LIW from law school! Here's to getting out with our sanity!

SS

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Welcome - any idea what style ring you want?

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I think I've got way TOO many ideas actually. I'm pretty settled on a RB, but of course I am tempted by all the old cuts around here and the occasional cushion (and the RB in a cushion halo!!!!). :lickout: I am wavering on the setting as far as halo v. none. I think the diamond price rise really messed me up.... What I wanted is no longer feasible in our budget (yes, I do have a budget- its what he would find "reasonable" to pay). My ring size is 6.25/6.5 but I still want to get great coverage, 7mm at least - ideally 7.3-7.5. I bookmark stones and settings for him in case he wants to snoop and he has a VERY clear idea of what I like (I sent him an "LJL's Guide to Diamond Buying"... includes the AGS/GIA only info, cut info, what colors I'm okay with, how low to go on clarity, and to come to PS for help/education).

Now, if I had to say what the ring would look like in an ideal world, it would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPc7f-nW2E&feature=player_detailpage this ring that GOG did for a PS'er (sorry, I forget who!). I adore that Beverly K setting but I feel like I might need a halo to get the coverage I'm looking for. I still have a good amount of time to think though... in my mind its something like 8 months away. I asked him the other day if the proposal would it be a secret/would I be involved, would he pick the ring/ask me for help... He's undecided. I think he thinks its gotta be some grand surprise..when really I'd prefer a grand ring. :lol:

lvcushion

Rough_Rock
I love Beverly K settings. Good luck to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results